Roland has introduced the M-100 AIRA headphones designed and built by V-MODA in collaboration with Roland, boasting the sound quality and styling of the acclaimed V-MODA Crossfade M-100 over-ear headphones, along with with the AIRA logo customized on each shield and AIRA-green chevrons on the headband.
After a successful crowdsourcing project, V-MODA’s Crossfade M-100 ranks among the most highly regarded headphones in the world, with 18 editors’ choice awards and “Best DJ Headphones” naming rights by both DJ Mag and CNET. The M-100 headphones are also worn by 36% of Top 100 DJs, as polled by DJ Mag. The AIRA edition includes all of the M-100’s superior features, specifications and more.
Designed in Italy, the M-100 AIRA headphones feature XL memory foam ear cushions (offering a 30% increase in inner diameter, twice the depth and 55% increase in volume) for optimum comfort and sound isolation. With patent-pending dual-diaphragm 50mm drivers, 5-30,000Hz frequency response and incredible dynamic range, the M-100 AIRA gives the most accurate representation possible of music genres ranging from club to classical.
Developed with musicians, producers and DJs in mind, the M-100 AIRA features an exclusive heavy-duty two-meter cable that incorporates a secure and highly stable locking mechanism. Included in each package is an extra SharePlay™ extended audio cable with built-in 3.5mm jack that allows two headphones to share the same audio source.
Crucially, the M-100 AIRA enables users of Roland’s AIRA range of instruments and effects to hear and feel every detail of their performance on stage or in the studio, from the deepest subs of the TR-8 drum machine to the most piercing screams of the TB-3 synth.
The M-100 AIRA is extremely roadworthy thanks to its steel-frame construction, metal CliqFold™ hinges and exclusive gig-ready AIRA edition travel case for storage of the headphones and their accessories.
Roland’s Atsuo Yukawa, Senior Executive Officer and RPG Company President, commented, “After testing countless headphones for the ultimate pair that accurately represented the music we created, we found V-MODA’s Crossfade M-100. We’re immensely proud of the M-100 AIRA headphones, released in conjunction with V-MODA. A true audiophile-quality personal monitoring system for AIRA users that looks as good as it sounds, it’s the ultimate music production accessory.”
V-MODA’s Val Kolton, Chief Visionary Officer, commented, “As a producer and performer at heart, I’ve had the opportunity to fine-tune our headphones using Roland’s legendary instruments. Not only did the TR-808, TR-909, and TB-303 lay the framework of modern dance and hip-hop music, but they set the standard for V-MODA acoustics. It is an honor that our worlds have collided after independently discovering that our headphones and Roland instruments are perfectly matched at every frequency. Together with Roland’s legendary musical development and V-MODA’s accurate representation of each sound’s integrity, we fuel the ‘artists behind the artists.’”
M-100 AIRA features
- Large-diameter (50 mm) high definition dual diaphragm drivers and 5–30,000 Hz frequency response ensure optimum audibility of AIRA instruments.
- Striking, iconic and sleek design with AIRA logo on each air shield and dual green chevrons on headband.
- Exclusive heavy duty professional cable, 2 meters long, designed with a locking mechanism for added security.
- Extra SharePlay extended audio cable featuring a built-in 3.5 mm jack that allows for two headphones to share the same source.
- Special XL memory foam ear cushions mold to the shape of your ears for maximum comfort and noise isolation.
- Professional exoskeleton carry case with strap system facilitates storage of M-100 AIRA and accessories such as included professional audio cables, USB memory sticks, earplugs and more.
- Exclusive AIRA edition packaging.
Availability and pricing TBA.