Roland has announced the MX-1 Mix Performer, a performance-optimized mixing instrument for bringing together synths, drum machines, loops, DAW tracks, AIRA gear, and more.
The MX-1 can mix up to 18 audio channels from a computer, and AIRA devices are able to communicate directly via USB alongside other analog and digital gear. With its versatile input selection, intuitive layout, and numerous tempo effects with step and real-time control, the MX-1 is a unique and powerful tool for delivering spontaneous, dynamic musical performances.
Designed to function as the nerve center for a modern electronic music rig, the MX-1 is perfect for working with AIRA devices such as the TR-8, TB-3, and SYSTEM-1, as well as other music equipment. Simple to use, the MX-1 provides high-quality sound at rates up to 96 kHz, plus a wealth of mixing features optimized for real-time creativity. Master tempo control (with fine and tap functions) synchronizes the MX-1’s effects with all connected devices via USB and/or MIDI.
MX-1 Mix Performer features
- 18 channel performance mixer with step-sequenced FX, transport, and tempo control.
- Three kinds of step-sequenced Beat FX (Filter, Side Chain, Slicer) with TR-style buttons.
- Six kinds of Master FX (48 variations) with large performance control knob.
- Beat FX and Master FX can be applied to any or all inputs; Beat FX are per channel.
- Combi mode rhythmically alternates the Master FX using the step-sequencer.
- Four AIRA Link USB ports support audio, MIDI, sync, and bus power (on Port 3) for AIRA gear.
- Mix mode provides six analog, one digital (stereo), four AIRA (stereo) , and two PC channels through mixer and FX.
- External mode provides 18 channels from DAW through mixer and FX (all inputs direct to DAW).
- Control Surface mode for full DAW control via MIDI.
- DJ-style cue monitoring, quick mutes, and six fader curves per channel.
- Per-channel Tone/Filter knob with ten kinds of EQs, filters, and isolators.
- Transport and tempo control with fine, shuffle, and tap-tempo functions.
- Instantly save and recall complete setups including all FX configurations.
Availability and pricing TBA.