Roland has announced that is is now shipping the GAIA SH-01, a 37-key compact synthesizer which brings serious sound, instant control, and ultimate flexibility to the synthesis experience.
With its massive sound, hands-on ease, and affordable price, the GAIA SH-01 is a high-performance value with old-school charm. The triple-stacked engine puts potent virtual analog synthesis under your fingertips, yet the control panel is so fun, friendly, and inviting, even first-timers can create great sounds. The signal flow is simple to grasp, with logically arranged knobs, sliders, and buttons. Hands-on control and fat sound make this little powerhouse a joy for music students, songwriters, session players, and live performers of all styles and skill levels.
GAIA SH-01 features
- Huge sound with three virtual analog engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO.
- Layer up to five simultaneous effects, including distortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more.
- 64-voice polyphony for massive sounds without note drop-out.
- Fun, hands-on control panel that’s great for instant gratification, and for learning synthesis.
- Lightweight, compact body with 37 full-size keys.
- Runs on AC or battery power for portable convenience.
- D Beam, arpeggiator, and Phrase Recorder onboard.
- USB ports for saving user patches to USB flash drives, and for audio/MIDI connection to computers.
The GAIA SH-01 is now shipping with a suggested retail price of $799 USD.