The Rosegarden team has released version 13.10 of the Rosegarden MIDI sequencer that features a rich understanding of music notation along with basic support for digital audio.
This release adds a few minor features and fixes a goodly number of bad bugs. The most interesting new features are a new configuration option that allows you to avoid starting JACK when Rosegarden starts, and a new Interpret Toolbar in the notation editor that provides a streamlined way of applying the interpretations formerly only accessible through the Interpret dialog.
Changes in Rosegarden v13.10
- New features:
- Selection event filter can select rests.
- Selection event filter can select either performance or notation duration.
- LilyPond export converts a or a (C) in the copyright header to a proper symbol automatically.
- New interpretation toolbar for the notation editor streamlines the Adjust ? Interpret process.
- New option to allow LilyPond to export fingerings inside the staff (can improve collision resolution).
- New option to instruct Rosegarden not to start JACK automatically at startup, allowing you to control this behavior without having to put garbage in your ~/.jackdrc file.
- Support LilyPond 2.14.
- Bug fixes:
- Pitch Bend Sequence Dialog, number of steps must be positive.
- Fix disconnected move up staff / move down staff commands.
- Fix sysex import dialog black-on-black problem.
- Fix for #1372 Rests of new segments don’t adapt to time signature changes. From Daniel Gloeckner.
- Fix a refresh bug introduced in r13273 and present in 13.06 involving deleting contemporaneous segments on a track. This may have broken CompositionView refresh in other cases as well.
- Fix UTF8 in track and segment names.
- Fix the update of notation editors when a track name is changed.
- Fix a “No such key” bug in the key signature dialog.
- Fix MIDI thru latency issue when recording.
- Fix repeating segments so they function when overlapping on one track.
- Fix tuplet numbers drawing in black when they should be other colors.
- Fix several interconnected bugs related to MIDI export that were causing a variety of problems due to issues with bad event ordering and the introduction of spurious controllers.
- Fix problems when recording past the end of the composition.
- Fix various crashes when pasting.
- Fix crash when attempting to import programs from .sfArk files (format not supported).
The source code of Rosegarden 13.10 is now available to download, as well as some binary packages for popular Linux distributions.
More information: Rosegarden