Xfer Records has released an update for its Serum advanced wavetable synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with a truly high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface to make creating and altering sounds fun instead of tedious, and the ability to “go deep” when desired – to create / import / edit / morph wavetables, and manipulate these on playback in real-time.
Changes in Serum & SerumFX
- Added: 8 LFOs: hidden by default, until LFO4 is used, then you will see LFO5 appear, etc.
- Added: drag and drop support for Noise Oscillator: the noise file will embed in the preset/song in these situations. You will notice the background get a blue tint, this is to indicate the noise file is embedded in the preset/song. You can advance <> noises in the respective folder once a first sound is dragged in.
- Added: noise files when load without fine tune when pitch track is enabled (sample rate is recognized / thus no pitch offset) so the Noise fine tune shouldn’t be needed if your source sample is in tune.
- Added: Alt-click on “MOD” column entires in the Matrix to toggle between “*” (normal / active modulation) and Bypassed (saves a menu selection to audition bypasses).
- Improved: Noise Fine control modulation depth ‘arc’ more accessible (was overlapping with the control’s up/down arrows).
- Improved: typeable values for noise osc in key track mode follow display.
- Added: Option (preference) for Noises to be embedded in presets. This isn’t recommend to enable, as you’ll be bloating your project files: It’s the 13th brackets entry in the Serum.cfg file. If you delete the Serum.cfg file it will list it as such “Embed non-factory noises inside presets (warning: larger presets / songs!)” this is intended currently for soundware developers and isn’t recommend to enable for local use (you’ll end up with larger songs and presets when using custom noises).
- Added: Serum Preset Browser now has additional 4th column choice: “Comment”, for personal comments in browser.
- Added: Serum Preset Browser now saves the last selected 4th column choice / opening new instances will default to this column choice.
Serum (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $189 USD.
More information: Xfer Records