Shattered Glass Audio has announced the release of SGA1566, a free tube preamp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SGA1566 is loosely based on a single channel vintage tube preamplifier. We have made some changes to the original schematic, added tone controls, and made it stereo.
To achieve the most authentic analog sound, the whole circuit is simulated in real time using the high performance circuit simulator. However, this level of sound fidelity comes at a price of high CPU utilization.
For cases where such a CPU hit is prohibitive, we have added a model that is significantly less CPU intensive but slightly less accurate than the circuit simulation.
- Authentic analog sound through real-time high-performance circuit simulation.
- Preamp featuring two 12AX7 voltage amplification stages.
- CPU friendly model of the circuit.
- Two-band active Baxandall EQ that can be placed either at the beginning or at the end of the signal chain.
- Up to 4x oversampling.
- Mono or stereo processing mode.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).