Sinevibes has announced the release of its latest Audio Unit plugin for Mac.
Luminance is a plugin that produces “shimmer reverb” effects – unreal acoustic space simulations which gradually pitch-shift the reverberation tail.
It’s a novel take on this coveted effect, here based on a modern “feedback delay network” design with high-quality interpolation – plus quite a few original tricks such as phase-inverted time modulation, special configurations for damping and signal blending.
All this gives Luminance a fresh and highly musical character: it smoothly follows the original melodies and harmonies and creates a lush background sound layer reminiscent of a dreamy symphony of strings or pipe organs. And to ensure highest possible day-to-day usability, Luminance has an easy-to-understand set of finely-tuned parameters.
- Feedback delay network with 8×8 Hadamard matrix, cubic Hermite spline interpolation and variable time span.
- Granular pitch shifter and two-pole low-pass filter for shimmer effect shaping.
- Sine generator with unique phase-flipped modulation routing.
- Separate level controls for dry input signal, reverb send and return signals allowing multiple routing configurations.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.