Softube has announced the release of the Model 72 Synthesizer System, a virtual instrument based on a classic analog monophonic synth from the early 70s.
With the emphasis on sound quality, the system includes a model of the original instrument, an FX version, an Amp Room module, and seven Modular modules.
Imagine traveling in time to the early ‘70s, an era where new and experimental sounds were shaping pop music and taking it a step further. Softube’s Model 72 Synthesizer System is your vintage synth time machine. It’s component modeled down to the smallest details from 1972 hardware in pristine condition with all the quirks and non-linearities intact, hence the name Model 72. The result is incredibly authentic sound, with all the warmth and smoothness heard in countless records.
Now imagine this classic has traveled into the future to pick up some contemporary features like doubling and spread to create a stereo like sound image and evolve into a full system with multiple versions for different applications. Wish you were here? Take the Autobahn.
Model 72 Synthesizer System features
- An entire system based on a classic analog monophonic synth from the early 1970s with the emphasis on sound quality.
- Era correct: component-modeled to perfection, with all the quirks and non-linearities intact – it sounds and behaves just like its original hardware counterpart.
- Actual use cases and tricks of the hardware correctly replicated in the software.
- Four versions included: Model 72 Instrument, Model 72 FX, Model 72 module for Softube Amp Room, and seven Model 72 modules for Softube Modular. Learn more about Softube Amp Room and Softube Modular.
- Create combinations in Modular never possible before in real life or in the world of software.
- Software-exclusive features added: doubler, stereo spread effect, and expanded controls.