Softube has announced the release of Modular, a virtual analog modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Created in close collaboration with Eurorack godfather Dieter Doepfer, Modular gives you both the sound, flexibility and expandability of a true analog modular synthesizer. But Modular is more than just another virtual synthesizer plug-in—it’s an entirely new modular synth standard which can be expanded as new modules are continuously added.
The Modular basic system gives you a great toolkit to start out with. It includes six modeled Doepfer modules and over 20 utility modules. But there is much more to discover. Additional modules from quality Eurorack vendors—starting with a range of units from cutting-edge manufacturer Intellijel—are available for separate purchase. Rest assured there is more to come.
Softube Modular features
- Modular is a cross-platform modular synthesizer plug-in standard, which features authorized emulations of modules from well known hardware Eurorack brands.
- True dynamic circuit-emulation—looks, functions and sounds like its hardware counterparts.
- Basic system contains six Doepfer modules (A-110-1 VCO, A-108 VCF, A-132-3 Dual VCA, A-140 ADSR, A-118 Noise/Random, A-147 VCLFO).
- Basic system also contains over 20 Utility modules (such as MIDI to CV/gate, mixers, slew, sample & hold, switches, multiples, delay, offset, sequencers, clock dividers, logic and signal tools, as well as a Polyphonic MIDI to CV/gate module)..
- Additional authorized emulations from Intellijel are available as add-ons (uFold II, Korgasmatron II, Rubicon). Many more modules from other quality hardware Eurorack vendors to be released.
- Simple design of your own interaction layout with the Performance modules in classic synthesizer style.
- Softube Heartbeat drum channels and EQ can be used as separate modules for owners of Heartbeat.
- More than 200 quality presets included covering a huge range of styles and sounds.
- Can be used both as effect and instrument for your DAW and integrates beautifully with your hardware Eurorack modular.
- High internal sample rate within system enables true feedback.
The basic Modular package is available for purchase for the introductory price of $75 USD until July 15th, 2016 (regular $99 USD). The Intellijel uFold II, Korgasmatron II and Rubicon add-ons are also on sale.