Solid State Logic has announced the a controller that delivers a new level of user focused design with insightful displays, intelligent fader and control access and function, multiple stand angles for user defined placement, and a production workflow enhancing control layout.
The UF8 features high-spec touch sensitive faders, encoders, and high-resolution color displays, complimenting the premium build quality that belie this new price point for an SSL controller.
Expandable to a 32 channel control surface with integration for all major DAW platforms, UF8 is ideally suited to music creation, production and mixing, post production and webcasting. The new SSL 360° control software manages multi-controller configurations, customised user keys, and DAW switching across multiple layers, allowing for seamless switching between numerous sessions.
Andy Jackson, SSL Studio Product Manager, comments:
“UF8 is an obvious next step in SSL’s development in ergonomically designed studio tools for todays’ mixers, producers and creators. The layout and build quality are all about our fixation with ‘human engineering’; creating products that keep you in the creative zone with high-speed access to every fader or control, without operator fatigue or discomfort.”
- High-quality 100 mm touch sensitive faders.
- High-resolution colour displays.
- 8 endless rotary encoders.
- Custom workflows, 5 banks of 8 user keys + 3 quick keys = 43 assignable keys per UF8.
- Intelligent multi-purpose channel encoder.
- Mouse scroll emulation, control of any plugin parameter you hover the mouse over.
- Integrates with all major DAWs with workflow ready templates.
- Switch control between 3 simultaneously connected DAWs.
- Powered by the SSL 360° Mac/PC application.
- Expandable system, chain 4 UF8s for a 32-channel SSL control surface.
- Includes SSL Native Vocalstrip 2 & Drumstrip plugins.
The UF8 is available now, priced £833 GBP, $1,299 USD, or 999 EUR. Prices ex. VAT/tax.
More information: Solid State Logic