Soniccouture has updated its Tingklik virtual instrument featuring the sounds of a bamboo percussion instrument.
Version 2 of Tingklik is fully Kontakt Player and NKS compatible.
A Tingklik is a bamboo percussion instrument from Bali. It typically has 11 bamboo tubes, although the instrument Soniccouture sampled has 12. With five notes per octave, the range is just over 2 octaves. The tubes are suspended using string over a wooden frame. The player sits on the ground and strikes the bamboo tubes with rubber-tipped mallets.
Changes in Tingklik V2
- Original and Chromatic tunings.
- Reverse mode.
- 14 Velocity layers, 6 round Robin alternate samples.
- Performance Tools.
- KSP Doubler module: a simulation of the typical pair of instruments you might hear in Rindik music.
- KSP Humanise Module.
- Generative Tools.
- KSP Calder – ambient pattern generation tool.
- KSP Jammer – generative arpeggiator.
- KSP Chord Mutation – Randomly evolve a single chord over minutes or even hours.
- Convolution processor with 40 IRs for reverb and SFX.
- Modular insert chain.
Tingklik V2 costs 89 EUR. Until June 1st, 2018, you can get 40% off with coupon code LPWUTRE9 at checkout.
More information: Soniccouture