Sonokinetic has announced the release of a next chapter in its phrase-based orchestral collection. The Largo instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt and Kontakt Player aims to bring majestic melodies to your compositions.
Ever since we started our phrase-based sampling odyssey there’s been something we’ve longed to capture: The slow and stately sound of strings melodies, woodwind chord ensembles and smooth brass lines have been on our wish-list for years. Now, we present “Largo”, a set of performances that typify the kind of scoring of classic film scores and historical features. The emphasis here is on strong thematic writing with smooth, yet dramatic transitions between the notes.
This means legato, portamento, staccato and staccatissimo styles have been captured, as well as harmonics, glissandi and many other techniques which are impossible to reproduce realistically with traditional multi-sampled orchestral libraries. Largo covers many bases with pristinely captured performances available in all root keys.
- 3 recorded orchestral sections: Strings 56 players, Woodwinds 16 players, Brass 22 players.
- 4 recorded microphone positions: Close, Decca tree, Wide, Balcony (Far) and a proprietary stereo ‘Tutti’ mix for the ‘lite’ instrument.
- Instrument Patches: Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Strings Lite, Woodwinds Lite, Brass Lite.
- Time Machine Pro capability.
- Custom chord recognition and Harmonic Shift capabilities.
- Intelligent Purging system.
- 44.1kHz – 24-bit (69 GB) and 16-bit (37 GB) NCW format.
- Royalty and copyright free content license.
- For Native Instruments Kontakt and Kontakt Player 5.7.1 and Komplete Kontrol 1.5 and higher.
Largo is available for the intro price of 199.90 EUR until July 2nd, 2018 (regular 249.90 EUR).
More information: Sonokinetic