Sonoma Wire Works has announced the GuitarJack, an audio device for iPhone OS
GuitarJack connects a wide range of instruments, microphones, and other audio hardware to iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs.
Addressing the most frequent request from musicians who use FourTrack, GuitarJack makes both level control and input monitoring possible when using a GuitarJack enhanced app.
- 1/4 inch instrument input with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes.
- 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input with pad, normal and boost modes.
- Each input has 60dB of continuous level control.
- 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones.
- Sleek and rugged metal shell.
- 30 pin connector compatible only with iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G.
- Recording modes:
- Instrument (1/4 inch) mono.
- Mic/Line (1/8 inch) mono, dual-mono or stereo.
- Both inputs, with the instrument input and the 1/8 inch input (right channel) recording to separate tracks.
GuitarJack will be priced at $199 MSRP and will ship in Q3 2010. Pricing and availability subject to change.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / GuitarJack