Steinberg has announced the release of a new version of its award-winning audio post-production software for film, TV, game audio and immersive sound.
With a strong emphasis on dialogue recording and editing, plus many other exciting new features and enhancements, Nuendo 12 literally gives recorded sound a new voice.
First revealed in March, Steinberg today announces the immediate availability of its latest, much-anticipated media production system, Nuendo 12, featuring an array of tools and powerful processes that meet every professional demand.
The twelfth version of Nuendo has a clear focus on speech, it being the most essential element of voice overs, dubbing and dialogue for games, movies, and television. Many of Nuendo’s new features and improvements not only ensure that dialogue is clearly heard but are especially designed for sound designers and post-production studios working in this domain. With its new features for dialogue recording and editing, as well as producing headphone-based binaural mixes and more, Nuendo 12 is the Home of Dialogue.
Changes in Nuendo 12
- Dialogue Detection AI-powered algorithms to remove silent parts from a recording and leave only the dialogue.
- Multiple reference clips for audio alignment, to apply precise timing to a large set of field recorder files at once.
- Free Warp tool in the Project window for subtle manual timing corrections to audio event waveforms.
- Netflix TTAL import and export support for working on language dubbing projects for Netflix.
- EdiCue v4 support for loading character text from PDF shooting scripts and storing cue date in Nuendo’s cycle markers.
- Binaural Downmix in the Renderer for Dolby Atmos, for immersive sound mixing over headphones with the required spatial accuracy.
- Headphones Match plug-in to compensate and/or emulate the frequency response curve of 387 different models of headphones from a hundred manufacturers.
- New MIDI Remote system and API that automatically detects MIDI devices and maps their controls in Nuendo.
- Sound Design tools featuring Raiser, a limiter with ultra-fast attack times, but without compromising transients or transparency; FX Modulator with an arsenal of effect modules and an envelope editor to create time-based modulations of sound effects; additional Randomize parameters for the StepFilter; extended ARA 2 support, improved Logical Editors and Input Transformer, plus more.
- Music feature enhancements including Scale Assistant in VariAudio, Create Chord Events from Audio Events, Verve felt piano, Import tempo and signature tracks, Multi-selection and phase coherent AudioWarp editing, Lin One Dither and more.
- Workflow and productivity improvements, including a new dongle-free licensing system, extended editing capabilities, a revamped ADR Taker, the ability to create markers from selected events, more flexible marker handling options, additional key commands, native Apple Silicon support, UI and performance improvements, enhanced audio and video engine performance, support for third-party solutions… altogether over 50 new features and improvements.
Nuendo 12 for Windows and Mac is available for a suggested retail price of 999 EUR / $999.99 USD. Best Service is offering a 20% intro discount through May 18th, 2022.
Various downloadable updates and upgrades, crossgrades and education versions are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated Nuendo 11 or earlier versions since March 16th, 2022, are eligible for a free, downloadable grace period update to the latest version.
More information: Steinberg