Steinberg has announced the upcoming availability of Nuendo 10 at the GDC Expo in San Francisco.
Since its inception in 2000, Nuendo has evolved into the go-to media production software for many professionals around the world, delivering innovative tools paired with state-of-the-art technology.
Today, Nuendo is a comprehensive solution, allowing it to be easily integrated with all types of media applications. Showcased for the first time at the GDC Expo this week, Nuendo 10 is the culmination of years of experience at Steinberg, also including the implementation of numerous user requests related to audio post-production and game audio design.
Together with its many enhancements and the musical features previously introduced in Cubase, this version solidifies Nuendo as the advanced media production system that professionals work in.
To expedite post-production workflow, Nuendo 10 now includes Video Cut Detection for analyzing videos for edits and setting markers automatically. Field Recorder Audio Import allows users to search field recorder audio files and match these with a project’s events using available attributes or metadata.
Nuendo 10 offers powerful creative tools designed specifically for sound designers. Included is a brand-new Doppler effect that virtually simulates the changing perception of a sound as its source passes. Among many other new and redesigned plug-ins, the VoiceDesigner is the ideal tool for modifying voices, with parameters such as Detune, Formant, Preserve (for pitch shifting while preserving formants), Robot, Morph and FX.
With Nuendo 10, productivity is now even more efficient, allowing ADM files to be directly imported into a new or existing project. New video rendering capabilities, Cue Sheet Export and ARA support will also be introduced in a later update. Further functionality to Direct Offline Processing has been added, such as quick easy drag-and-drop of insert plug-ins into the process and a loudness normalizer.
Other technological highlights in Nuendo 10 are the support of the dearVR Spatial Connect 3D audio production tool for mixing within the VR world as well as further advances with the AmbiDecoder to create an unmatched immersive experience.
These considerable feature additions are rounded out by including the many musical features new to Cubase 10 and many other small workflow and performance improvements.
Head of the Pro Audio Team Timo Wildenhain commented:
“Consider Nuendo 10 a milestone release: it’s a very special version with many special enhancements and additions. To celebrate this distinction, we are dramatically reducing the price for full and update licenses of Nuendo 10 to give back to the many professionals who already benefit from Nuendo and those who are toying with the idea to switch. Basically, everyone needs to understand why we believe that Nuendo 10 is the most cutting-edge digital audio workstation today.”
New features in Nuendo 10:
- Field Recorder Audio Import for searching and matching field recorder audio files to selected events in the project.
- ADM Import support, complete with intact object automation data, for further mixing or editing.
- Video Cut Detection for analyzing video files for edits and inserting markers for each cut.
- Doppler effect for simulating the movement, distance and perception of a sound as its source passes you.
- VoiceDesigner for modifying voices and creating out-of-this-world sound effects in powerful and innovative ways.
- Video rendering for exporting a video file, or a section of a project including audio and video (available in a later maintenance update).
- Cue Sheet Export for creating a report of all music pieces, or all VO clips of a narrator, used in the project (available in a later maintenance update).
- dearVR support to create and mix immersive 3D audio content directly in the VR environment.
- Music features including VariAudio 3, Distroyer effect, MixConsole Snapshots, Groove Agent SE 5 and more sound content.
- Enhanced workflow and performance including ARA support (available in a later maintenance update), new features for Direct Offline Processing, new modes for the AmbiDecoder, Audio Alignment panel, high-DPI support, redesigned channel strip, GUI and more.
Nuendo 10 will be available through resellers and the Steinberg Online Shop in Q2 2019. The suggested retail price for the boxed version of Nuendo 10, which includes the required dongle, will be 999 EUR, whereas the download version will be available for 979 EUR. These prices include German VAT.
Various downloadable updates and upgrades will exclusively be available through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated Nuendo 8 or previous versions since March 13, 2019, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to Nuendo 10 as soon as it is available.
To learn more about Nuendo 10, Steinberg invites visitors of the Game Developers Conference Expo to visit the Audiokinetic booth. In April, Nuendo 10 will be showcased at the Yamaha booth of Prolight+Sound in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
More information: Steinberg