The Lower Rhythm has released LifeCycle SE and A-210, two freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Based around Etric Van Mayer’s LifeForce Sequencer, this auto-synth allows you to create, load, save and run patterns designed within the rules of John Conway’s Game Of Life. The output is fed into three robust operators and then strung through a handful of effects (distortion, bit crushing, modulation, feedback modulation, etc.). The result is a pattern-based, rhythmic droning synthesizer with immense possibilities for tone variation.
LifeCycle SE features
- EVM’s LifeForce Sequencer (based on Conway’s Game Of Life).
- Save and load your G.O.L. patterns.
- Three operator synthesis engine w/ filter and distortion.
- Global bit crusher and filter.
- Internal BPM clock driven.
- Multiple LFO’s and feedback modulation effects.
- Mono and Poly modes.
- Versatile delay for subtle chorus or extreme feedback.
- Lowpass filter.
- Multiple effect gain stages.
- A-110 amplifier ‘circuit’.
- Dry Out for effective layering.
- Selectable delay waveform.
- Additional controls for modulating delay oscillators.
LifeCycle SE and A-210 are available as freeware for Windows PC.
Visit The Lower Rhythm for more information.