Klevgrand has announced the release of a groundbreaking new synthesizer. The Tomofon virtual instrument uses a new innovative ”Audio Model” format with a unique capability to process very large volumes of waves, extracted from real audio.
Generated sounds are seamlessly morphed between different layers and sections of a massive amount of real audio waves, providing an instantly playable synthesizer that can sound both organic, and like something out of this world. The possibilities of changing the character of the sounds are vast and multi-layered, allowing you to add a new extra dimension to your music production.
“As far as we know, this approach to processing very large volumes of sound waves extracted from real audio has never been done before. It results in a completely new and expressive instrument.” – Tobias Engström, CEO & Cofounder.
The synth comes with an Audio Model Starter Pack with instruments & voices and over 180 presets to get you started, and you can import your own audio to shape your own unique soundscapes.
- Wide selection of factory models and presets.
- Integrated audio sample importer and Audio Model editor.
- Pitch and (layer) depth envelopes that can be edited by the user.
- Envelope times can separately be controlled via MIDI velocity.
- Several LFO’s (including Sample and Hold with randomness).
- Modulation matrix (2 x MIDI CC, Velocity and Keymap).
- Monophonic playback with separate glide times for pitch and velocity.
- Polyphonic legato playback where started notes syncs envelopes with currently playing ones.
- Up to 4 doubling voices with separate pitch, pan and level.
- Filter with modulation possibilities.
- Post Reverb, Delay and EQ.
Tomofon for Windows and Mac (AU, VST3 and AAX) is on sale for the intro price of $99.99 USD (regular $129.99 USD).