Tone2 has announced Saurus 2, an update to the Saurus virtual analog synthesizer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Saurus 2 will be released within the next months. All customers, who purchased Saurus1 between March 2015 and the release of Saurus2, will be able to upgrade to Saurus2 for free.
The upgrade to Saurus2 will be optional for all Saurus1 customers. Saurus2 will be 100% downward compatible. You will be able to load all your old songs, projects and sounds.
Changes in Saurus 2
- Enhanced sound quality because the synthesis engine has been completely reworked.
- Over 260 (=827-563) additonal patches.
- Completely reworked all factory sounds.
- Added a comfortable patch browser.
- Much more detailed emulation of the ‘analog’ sound. The degree of analog behaviour is now selectable.
- Redesigned graphics.
- More comfortable user interface.
- A huge number of further new features and enhancements.
- Saurus2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions.
Check the Tone2 forum for more details on Saurus 2.
Saurus (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 99 EUR. Saurus 2 will be free to customers who purchase Saurus between now and the release of Saurus 2.