Tone2 Audiosoftware has released version 2.5 of its Saurus virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The update includes new features such as drag & drop modulation and MIDI learn, and many enhancements to the sound quality and user interface have been implemented. Version 2.5 is downward compatible with all previous versions.
Finally true analog sound does no longer require compromises! Saurus2 is an extremely authentic emulation of analog synthesizers.
It covers all important aspects of the most famous and expensive analog synths, but without obstacles or disadvantages.
Changes in Saurus v2.5
- Drag & Drop modulation: Drag an envelope or lfo and drop it to a knob to modulate it.
- Midi learn support: Right-click on a knob to assign or remove a CC.
- Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign a massive amount of modulation sources.
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows a box with information.
- Modulation depth control on top left of a knob if a source is assigned .
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount.
- A red sector is shown when clipping of modulation occurs.
- File->’Show version info’ shows the version number of Saurus.
- Right-click on a knob and ‘reset’ resets a knob to the default value.
- File->’reset midi learn’ removes all CC assignments .
- File->’Clean matrix’ cleans up the mod matrix and resets unused slots.
- Right-click on a knob and ‘remove modulation’ removes all assigned mod sources.
- Tooltips are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button.
- More beautiful background skin.
- Enhanced sound of the Reverb: Less detuned sound and more beautiful early reflections.
- Enhanced sound of the PingPong delay: Added a lowCut filter.
- Enhanced sound of the Delay: No more detuning and a more wide sound.
- Enhanced sound of microtuning.
- Better sound quality: New high-end resampling algorithm.
- More bass and warmer sound.
- More linear frequency response in ‘linear mode’.
- Faster Volume Envelope for more punch.
- Saurus v2.5 ‘fits better to the mix’ .
- New knobs with enhanced performance.
- Parameters are more easy to adjust.
- Patch rankings are now stored as .rnk files within Saurus_sounds.
- Fat Unison is more easy to setup.
- More ‘bottom’ if a new patch is initialized.
- Texts are more easy to read.
- Activation dialogue is now also available in German language.
- Faster loading of 32bit PC version.
- More robustness.
- Faster patch loading.
- Lower CPU on Mac.
- Better compatibility with Fruity Loops.
- Matrix source ‘random’ did not work in legato mode.
- It is not longer possible to click on the VU diodes.
- Fixed a very unlikely but possible crash.
Saurus 2.5 (VST/AU) is available for $99 USD. The update is available for free for Saurus2 users.