Tone2 Audiosoftware has released version 1.5 of Icarus, a major update to the wavetable synth for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.5 includes an improved user interface, many new synthesis modes, enhanced sound and a large number of new features.
The award winning Icarus is an exceptionally powerful, new synth with ‘3D wavetable synthesis’. It offers a unique and futuristic sound. The innovative resynthesis can rebuild sounds with a single mouse-click. A massive quantity of inspiring factory sounds allow you to create fantastic tracks easily and rapidly.
Changes in Icarus v1.5
- New features:
- The engine is now able to do FM synthesis (PM) between oscillators. Select ‘FM< -Osc1' as synthesis/morph mode to modulate Osc2 with Osc1.
- The synth does now offer classic sample playback. Set the OSC synthesis/morph mode to ‘Sample’ or ‘Sample Loop’. The usual wavetable controls do have no effect in this mode.
- Classic samples can now also easily be imported with IMPORT SAMPLE->’Load a wav sample…’. The sample can be automatically tuned on import.
- The engine is now able to do amplitude modulation between oscillators. Select ‘AM< -Osc1' as morph mode to modulate Osc2 with Osc1.
- The engine is now able to do Waveshaping between oscillators. Select ‘Shape< -Osc1' as synthesis/morph mode to shape Osc1 with the wavform of Osc2.
- New effect: ‘Delay Wide’ is a broad sounding delay with Hi Damp and Low Damp filters.
- New effect: ‘Stereo Width’ allows to spread the panorama from mono to surround.
- New exclusive effect: ‘Laser Punch’ adds additional punch. Use it with a sawtooth to create a zapping ‘Rubber Bass’ sound.
- Icarus_wavetables now contains subdirectories for categories which contain the wavetables.
- Submenus provide a more logic structure and better overview.
- Tooltips with info are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button or control.
- Additional buttons: Previous and next Lfo waveform.
- Pitchwheel and Modwheel in the patchbrowser is now animated.
- Wavetable position in the wavetable editor is animated if you click on the left keyboard.
- The patch browser list shows a checkmark for the currently loaded patch.
- In the waveform display the mousewheel can be used to pick a wave.
- Mousewheel support for the filter frequency display.
- Mousewheel support for the patch selector.
- A double click to a knob or slider resets it to the default value.
- Added an undo button which restores the recent parameter changes.
- 43 additional wavetables with over 1000 new waveforms.
- ‘Natural scrolling’ support for mousewheel on 64 bit Mac.
- Enhanced sound of Reverb Medium, Reverb Big, Reverb Plate, Reverb Glass, Reverb Infinite, Reverb Trance: Less detuned sound, smoother tail and more punchy early reflections.
- Enhanced GUI skin.
- Larger text for the menus on PC.
- FILE->’Create random patch’ gives better results.
- The 32bit Mac version did not show a line when drag & drop modulation was used.
- Fixed a possible crash, when the down arrow is pressed within the patch browser.
- The text label for ‘HP Analog 12/24 dB’ was swapped.
- Fixed a crash that could happen if the synth was flooded with midi program change messages.
- Fixed a possible crash on opening the GUI.
- Knobs did jump if cirular mode was forced by the host.
- Fixed a crash that happened if ‘Create random wavtetable/patch’ was pressed when no wavetables were installed.
- Fixed a crash of the previous beta where pressing the arrow keys could crash the plugin.
- If OSC volume was set to 0 there was still a very low volume sound emitted.
- Category is now placed above patch selector.
- More aggressive focus for the mousewheel.
- ‘One Shot’ has been renamed to ‘One Shot Wave’.
- Initializing a new patch sets the LFOs to ‘classic trigger mode’.
- Reso knob is grey, lfo shape knob is blue.
- Resynthesis menu is now called ‘import sample’.
Icarus (VST/AU/Standalone) is available for 149 EUR/$179 USD.