Toontrack has announced the release of Classic Rock Grooves, a comprehensive collection of drum MIDI grooves inspired by a wide definition of classic rock music.
In the 1970s, acts like Whitesnake, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin not only paved way for a new breed of loud, beat-driven rock – they also revitalized the drum hero of the jazz-age and cemented the role of the drums as one of the pivot points around which they based their sound.
Still to this day, the pummeling grooves of John Bonham, Ian Paice, Keith Moon and Bill Ward continue to inspire writers and underline the fact that in classic rock, the drums are – and should be – loud, obnoxious and play as much of a leading part as anything else in a song.
With that as a foundation, we headed back to the genre’s heydays to capture some of its unmistakable traits. Expect the big, bold mid-tempos, the doom-ridden slow songs, the hammering up-tempos – and, of course, the larger-than-life and rightfully abundant spur of fills.
These are grooves you need to make room for. Start writing.
Classic Rock Grooves features
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by primarily ‘70s classic rock music.
- Played by professional session drummer.
- A total of 319 individually played files.
- 4/4 in straight and or swing feel.
- Tempos ranging from 78 BPM to 178 BPM.
- Song structure categorization (intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, fills).
Classic Rock Grooves is available for purchase for 25 EUR.