Aberrant DSP has announced the release of the ShapeShifter dynamics remodeler and character compressor audio effect plugin.
The plugin is inspired by the NR Comp algorithm in Aberrant DSP’s SketchCassette audio degradation effect.
Inspired by SketchCassette’s NR Comp algorithm, ShapeShifter is a one-of-a-kind dynamics remodeler and character compressor that will completely transform the shape of your sounds.
ShapeShifter molds a blend of multi-band upward and downward compression into a toolbox for adding color, body, and grit to your sounds. This can take the form of anything from a subtle vibe boost to blown-open, raucous carnage.
- Upward / Downward compression controlled with a common Ratio.
- Transients section with Ratio and Threshold controls, allowing for separate control of downward compression.
- Upward compression Floor control for taming room sound or unwanted noise.
- Flexible envelope shaping through Attack and Release time controls.
- Tone adjustment for broad shifts in color and character.
- A wide-ranging Drive control with two models: A (gentle) and B (hard).
- Asymmetry control for attaining harsher, grittier drive textures by way of even-order harmonics.
- Dry / Wet mixer for easy parallel processing.
- Custom preset system with 64 factory presets, showcasing ShapeShifter’s versatility.
Available in 64-bit VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, ShapeShifter costs $20 USD.
More information: Aberrant DSP