u-he has announced Hive, an upcoming synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This is where Hive belongs – under flashing lights in a packed club on a Friday night. Whether it’s techno, house, trance, electro, drum & bass or dubstep, Hive’s feature set and attitude are aimed squarely at the dance floor.
While all of u-he previous synths found homes working in the world of dance music production, Hive was created specifically with dance music producers in mind. The single page streamlined interface is packed with features and options to help you get your sound just right (or wrong in just the right way). Best of all, Hive uses very little CPU.
- Very low CPU usage.
- Switch Hive’s engine to different basic characters, on the fly (buzzword translation would be: Multi Synth Engine Technology™).
- 1 to 16x unison for each of the 4 oscillators for “super” sounds.
- 2 main oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators.
- 2 multimode filters.
- Step sequencer & arpeggiator.
- 12 slot modulation matrix with 2 targets per slot, 4 envelopes (ADSR), 2 LFOs.
- 7 built in effects.
- Single screen interface.
Hive is coming soon. Sign up to the u-he newsletter to get Hive’s official release announcement.