Valhalla DSP has announced the release of ValhallaSupermassive, a free audio effect plugin designed for massive delays and reverbs.
ValhallaSupermassive is based around feedback delay networks. The individual delays can have up to 2 second of delay time, with user control over the delay lengths, the feedback, how the delays mix with each other, and the modulation rate and depth of the delays. The sonic results range from choruses and flangers, to echoes that fade in and out over time, to massive lush reverbs, and onwards to weird spatial effects that have to be heard to be believed.
ValhallaSupermassive has a bunch of concepts in it that we’ve had in mind over the past decade, that have been looking for a home. Echoes that are too weird for ValhallaDelay, reverbs that are too massive for a general purpose plugin, strange sounds that defy categorization. We are happy to release these sounds into the world!
- Tempo synced delays, up to 2 seconds.
- Multiphase delay modulation.
- DENSITY control, that allows you to dial in pointillistic echoes, lush reverbs, echo clusters, and all sorts of sounds in between.
- Eight unique delay/reverb MODES, named after celestial objects:
- Gemini: Fast attack, shorter decay, high echo density.
- Hydra: Fast-ish attack, shorter decay, low to high echo density (depending on the DENSITY control setting).
- Centaurus: Medium attack, longer decay, medium to high echo density (depending on the DENSITY control setting).
- Sagittarius: Slow attack, longer decay, high echo density.
- Great Annihilator: Medium attack, very long decay, medium to high echo density (depending on the DENSITY control setting).
- Andromeda: Slowest attack, very long decay, very high echo density.
- Lyra: Fast attack, shorter decay, low echo density.
- Capricorn: Fast attack, shorter decay, medium echo density.
- Cross-platform preset browser.
ValhallaSupermassive is available to download in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats for Windows and Mac.
More information: Valhalla DSP