The free VCV Rack virtual Eurorack system has been updated to version 0.4.0.
The update includes a new VCO in Fundamental, Lissajous mode in Scope, Rampage dual slope generator, output port cable stacking, plug lights, and more.
Changes in VCV Rack v0.4.0
- Cables can now stack on output ports.
- Added sub-menus for each plugin and scrollable menus.
- Added MIDI CC-to-CV Interface, updated MIDI-to-CV Interface.
- Added new scrolling methods: middle-click-and-drag, shift-scroll, and arrow keys.
- Added engine pausing in sample rate menu.
- Added resizable blank to Core.
- Added plug lights for monitoring voltages of cables.
- Support for AMD Phenom II processors.
- Self-contained app bundle on Mac, plugins and settings go in ~/Documents/Rack/
- Added Lissajous mode to Scope.
- Added two LFOs and VCO-2.
- Added Rampage dual slope generator.
- Audible Instruments:
- Added Keyframer/Mixer, based on Frames.
- Added nonlinear string and chord mode to Modal Synthesizer, based on Elements.
VCV Rack is a free download for Windows, Mac and Linux. The additional Audible Instruments, E-Series and Befaco modules are also free.
For more free modules, check out Sonus Modular, a collection of 7 modules for VCV Rack by Sonus Dept.
The modules included are:
- Bymidside: MS (mid-side) encoder.
- Deathcrush: distorsion and bitcrusher.
- Multimulti: a simple but handy double 2-in 8-out multiples.
- Osculum: a VCO capable of harmonic but unusual sounds.
- Piconoise: an ultra compact white noise generator with 8 outputs.
- Scramblase: triple quadruple waveshaper.
- Twoff: double CV static offset.
The source code is licensed under GPL, and binary releases for Windows and Linux are provided (OS X binaries coming soon). Requires VCV Rack v0.4.0.
More information: VCV Rack