Voxengo has released version 2.2 of Polysquasher, a mastering compressor plug-in for PC and Mac.
Polysquasher was designed with a main goal: to be transparent. Polysquasher achieves its goal by using a unique compression algorithm which requires a small number of parameters – basically threshold and ratio only – making this compressor a joy to use. Polysquasher is best used as a finishing compressor inserted in the chain before the final mastering limiter.
Changes in Polysquasher v2.2
- Gain reduction graph’s precision was improved.
- Preset load inconsistency problem fixed.
- Waveform view random glitches issue fixed.
- Side-chain routing presets now appear dimmed to reduce confusion.
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- The “VST Function Sync” global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- The “No Multi-Channel Operation” global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- Preset “update” function implemented in the preset manager.
- “Density mode” implemented in the output level meter.
Polysquasher is available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers, priced at $69.95 USD.