Voxengo has released version 2.3 of Tube Amp, a free audio effect plugin that applies
asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes.
The sound this plug-in produces varies from a mild “warm” overdrive to a fuzzy distortion.
This version features a new processing mode that is capable of a very strong overdrive performance suitable for producing a crunchy guitar sound and performing final loudness maximizing.
Additional changes in Tube Amp v2.3
- The “Show All Channel Meters” routing switch added.
- Additional visual look variation settings added.
- Oversampling filter type “Min-phase/Lin-phase” switch added.
- Level meter’s “density mode” improved.
- Plug-in’s popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- The “Min Infrastructure” user interface display mode added.
- The “Flat Level Meters” level meter display mode added.
- Version change history information window added.
Tube Amp is available as a freeware effect plugin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).