Wallander Instruments has released WIVI v2, introducing Smart Sequences, WIVI Templates, RTAS support, key-switching and much, much more.
One of the most important new features of WIVI v2 is the Sequence Editor, a groundbreaking new system for modelling articulations, phrases and orchestral loops layer-by-layer.
Changes in WIVI v2
- RTAS support on Windows and OS X.
- Sequence Editor.
- WIVI Templates, for exporting/importing parameters and randomization.
- Breath envelope for instruments.
- Instant help system. Double-click any item in WIVI to learn more about that feature.
- New graphical environments: Symphony Hall, Church, Recording Studio, Theatre and Anechoic Chamber.
- New visual themes: Retro, Blueprint, Crystal, Socket, Office, Assimilated, 1987, Oxygen, Fungus and iWIVI.
- Resizable interface (through WIVI settings).
- Select and edit multiple instruments simultaneously.
- Significant improvements in sound and behavior for all instruments, with randomization and envelopes configured out-of-the-box.
- The out-of-the-box vibrato has been significantly improved for all instruments.
- WIVI Trial Edition now has much less restrictions, and can be used to preview Smart Sequences, Polyphonic Mode, multiple environments and more, but with saving disabled.
- Instrument tuning on per-key basis + import of Scala files for microtuning.
- Key switching & CC switching.
- MIDI learning for CCs, MIDI channels, instrument range, and more.
- New mode for the Polyphonic Mode/Always Play feature: “Double 1st Voice”.
- Multiple MIDI channels for all instruments, for accessing the separate instruments of a polyphonic section separately trough other MIDI channels.
- 8 graphical layers to put instruments on.
- Sustain pedal support, activated by default.
- Performance Shimmer & Performance Jitter, for creating low-frequency fluctuations of breath & pitch.
- Renaming of instruments, environments, groups and tunings.
- Permanent grouping of instruments.
- Special mode for vibrato where an external CC can replace the internal LFO, for Wind Controller players who want to control the internal vibrato using the Wind Controller’s mouthpiece (set “Vibrato Speed” to “Off” to activate).
- CC controllers can now also be set to a fixed constant value, and remain unaffected by CC changes.
- The “Time” randomizer now also affects tounged notes and other CC changes.
- Documentation in PDF format included.
- Some bug fixes.
The update is free for registered users. The WIVI Trial Edition can be downloaded here.
Visit Wallander Instruments for more information.