XILS-lab has updated its XILS 4 modular software synthesizer instrument to version 1.5.
The synth emulates a conceptual ‘blend’ of the legendary VCS4, a ‘dual VCS3’ analogue matrix modular synthesizer prototyped by British trailblazing entity EMS (Electronic Music Studios) back in 1969 but never commercially released, with pioneering British synthesist Tim Blake’s so-called ‘Crystal Machine’ (comprising two EMS Synthi AKS analogue matrix modular synthesizers with hard sync between their oscillators, one connected to the keyboard and the other connected to the sequencer) — with welcomed additional fanciful features including a powerful preset manager in a single window and new effects with semi-modular routing.
The update of XILS 4 comes with a new preset manager (NPM), allowing you to perform tasks fast and with ease.
- Find & load the best preset for your track in seconds with multi-criteria search engine.
- Save and Save As presets with tags (and create your own tags).
- Batch Tagging of any multi-selection of presets.
- Export & import multi-selection of presets (Projects, Tracks, Live Act).
- Favorites Presets & selective view mode (show only favorites, hide unwanted presets).
The new XILS 4 Modular Effects Block sees the addition of a natural sounding Reverb. The routing of the Effect Block was also revamped from scratch. You can now route any effect in any order, and choose to process only the right or left synthesizer modules with any effect in the list.
XILS 4 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase from Plugin Boutique for 179 EUR. The updae is free for owners of all earlier versions of XILS 4.
More information: XILS-lab