XILS-lab has launched an update of the PolyM software synthesizer, an emulation of the Polymoog synth from Moog.
Version 1.5 includes an extended arpeggiator, new GUI size options, additional presets, and more.
Unique features, unique sound: A few factors were integral in creating the iconic sound of the PolyM’s glorious ancestor: Two T.O.D Oscillators (Top Octave dividers), with PER NOTE Pulse Width Modulation, initially used to get a big polyphony (at this time), a gritty Moog designed 24dB Ladder Filter, an acoustic Filter Bank and, finally, a character rich Resonator Bank.
Changes in PolyM v1.5
- Extended arpeggiator with cycled modulations and mute possibilities for sparkling notes that are a full of life.
- Several larger sizes of the PolyM graphic interface for use on high-resolution screens.
- New presets from Zensound, Daniel Stawczyk and Adam Borseti.
- Full compatibility with Apple M1 based computers.
- Full VST3 compatibility.
- Easy global A3 tuning (440hz, 432hz, anything else).
- Easy Octave change.