Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Alesis announces AM3 stereo USB microphone
Alesis has announced the AM3, a stereo USB condenser microphone that enables users to record stereo audio directly onto their computers.
The AM3 makes computer connection simple, requiring nothing more than a standard USB port on your Mac or PC. Because it has a stereo, analog-to-digital conversion system built inside its housing, there’s no need for a preamplifier. And because the AM3 has a mini-USB jack output, there’s no need for complicated interface boxes or timecode alignment between the two sides. One cable is all you need for this digital solution.
- Dual-capsule condenser microphone captures detailed stereo audio
- Internal analog-to-digital conversion at 16-bit, 44.1 or 48kHz
- Frequency response: 30 – 20,000 Hz
- Front-panel gain slider for input trim
- LED power indicator
- Single-cable, plug-and-play connection for Mac and PC
- Compatible with most Mac and Windows class-compliant drivers and software
- Includes Alesis podcasting subscription
- Includes carry case, mic clip, and cable
The AM3 will be available from musical instrument and professional audio retailers in April 2009.
Visit Alesis for more information.