Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Bootsy releases TesslaSE VST
Bootsy (H. L. Goldberg) has released TesslaSE, a freeware signal modelling VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
TesslaSE models pleasant sounding electric effects coming from transformer coupled tube circuits in a digital controlled fashion.
- Transformer style signal saturation.
- Smooth transient polishing and increased RMS leveling.
- Subtle analog style signal colouration.
- Switchable sub bass enhancements.
- Zero latency processing, low CPU usage.
- Harmonic enhancements without artefacts (aliasing).
- Dynamic noise model.
- Proprietary signal processing and modelling algorithms implemented.
- Performance crucial parts are written in assembler, completely SSE optimized.
Check the included manual (.pdf) for more information about TesslaSE.
TesslaSE can be downloaded here.