Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Christian Budde releases Noise Reduction
Christian Budde has releaed Noise Reduction, a VST plugin containing a spectral noise gate optimized build to remove unwanted noise.
The Noise Reduction plugin is based on a spectral gate to filter out unwanted noise in the frequency domain. The gate is based on the lightweight dynamic series and features a soft knee and customizable attack and release times.
Originally this plugin was planned for the KVR’09 developer contest, but in the end I missed the deadline by one day and thus I had to use another plugin for my entry.
Noise Reduction features
- Highly customisable spectral noise gate
- Continous and consistent characteristic
- Fully adjustable soft knee in dB (as margin below the threshold)
- Several exotic window functions available
- Low CPU usage
- Different FFT sizes
- Manual included
- Open source (as part of the Delphi ASIO & VST Project)
Noise Reduction is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.