Cinematique Instruments releases Experimental Box for Kontakt
Cinematique Instruments has released Experimental Box, a collection of highgly playable rhythms, ambients and instruments which were assembled from glitch, noise, hiss, hum and other weird and bizarre sounds, giving you a wonderful tool for writing experimental and minimal music.
“Experimental Music” is the genus for a couple of music styles, which incorporate unorthodox and unique elements. The Experimental Box we offer focuses on aspects of glitch, minmal and noise music and gives you a full toolbox of ingredients for cacophony, dissonance, atonality, noise, glitch, machines, hum, and repetition. It is a wonderful assortment of highgly playable rhythms, ambients and instruments which are perfect for writing music in an experimental and minimalist way. Beyond this, the box is suitable for combination with atmospheric, ambient and cinematic music…or just to build a wild cacophony.
The rhythms, ambients and instruments of the Experimental Box were assembled from unique sounds such as stations-announcements, trains, paper crumpling, acoustic and electronic noise, station hum, underground-railway noise, pneumatic doors, crown cap shaking, glitches, noise, hiss, hum and other weirdness. Check out all the opportunities the instruments provide by using the modwheel and the programmed surface of NI´s Kontakt.
Experimental Box features
- Brakes & Noises: Screaming brakes of an underground railway and noise ambience sent through a tape delay.
- Clashing Rails: Screaming rails and station ambience including an announcement gong. Modwheel switches between the two scenarios.
- Cuts Cap & Paper: A couple of tempo-synced loops: Crone-Cap shaking, Paper crumpling, Tapping the strings of a guitar and Steps in leaves. You can control the filter, delay and reverb and a quarter note gate.
- Electro Wrong: An eighth note gated distorted alarm sound.
- Frog Angels: Kind of whistling/ kazoo sound mixed with electronic filtered noise. Modwheel changes between the two ambiences.
- Harmonize Arp: Lot hum through an arpeggiator with 6 presets.
- Lonesomescape: Different recordings of synthetic generated noise and sine oscillators. Low and deep!
- Noisescape: Different recordings of a busy lot and a sample of a station hum manipulated by filter and gates.
- Railway Slices: A couple of samples and recordings of trains and underground railways of cologne as well as station announcements in German and English.
- Reverse Garden: A combination of autoharp and psaltery fragments mixed up with a “bad” synthetic sound.
- Western Dirt: A dirty, dry muted E-guitar with 3 Round Robin variations, additional noise, scratch and attack recordings. It´s easy to edit the delay (amount, speed and feedback) and reverb (amount).
- ZW Expressive: A very expressive and percussive variation of our Zeitter & Winkelmann Piano.
Experimental Box is available to purchase for 19 EUR. Note: The full version of Kontakt 3 or higher is required.