IK Multimedia releases GrooveMaker 2 for iPhone & iPod Touch
IK Multimedia has released GrooveMaker 2 for iPhone and iPod touch, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time on the go.
GrooveMaker 2 has been completely redesigned with a slew of powerful new features, giving users total control over their creations while functioning as a live performance powerhouse app.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build build grooves and complete songs. GrooveMaker 2 gives users ability to mix and remix their creations from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls.
There are literally millions of groove possibilities that can be constructed and deconstructed with GrooveMaker 2. Over 3,600 available loops from a continually expanding library of over 60 collections for virtually every style of groove music including House, DubStep, Hip-Hop, Techno, Electro, D’n’B, Trance, Reggae, Reggaeton, Rock, and artist’s packs from Ace of Skunk Anansie, Chris Domingo and Cool & Dre and more.
There are tons of new and powerful performance features in GrooveMaker 2. The new Grid Interface allows users to literally “draw” new grooves by dragging their finger across the screen, as well as being able to change the length of individual loops and grooves down to 1/4 of a bar. Additionally, GrooveMaker 2′s time-stretch engine allows complete tempo changes (up to 200% and down to 50%) without affecting the pitch of the loops.
GrooveMaker 2 also features a suite of up to 16 creative effects users can apply “on the fly” to mixes
and grooves, including staple effects like delay, reverb, filter, flange and wah, but also specialized effects designed forlive DJ performance like stutter, noise, twist, tail, brake and spin. Furthermore, one of the most requested features is now fully implemented in GrooveMaker 2: audio recording and audio import (E-mail, FTP, SoundCloud, and more).
Changes in GrooveMaker 2
- Completely redesigned iOS7 style interface.
- New single application allows you to have all your loop collections in one place via inapp purchase (any GrooveMaker 1 loop packs bought previously are unlocked and usable in GrooveMaker 2 upon registration).
- 16 Packs available in 60 song collections (1 song included in the free version, 4 songs included in the full version and more available via in-app purchase).
- New Grid interface allows for simplified loop remixing – even by “drawing”.
- Single loop duration and groove duration can be freely selected down to ¼ bar, with new 1/8 to 1/32 live-repeat function on full grooves for dramatic effects.
- 16 available FX with automation and touch-pad like interface.
- IMPORT functions allows to import audio files or record your own grooves within the existing collection (available for in-app purchase in the Free version).
- New high-quality time-stretch for seamless groove tempo variation from 50% to 200% of original BPM without changing the pitch.
- New real-time recorder of your remixing performance.
- New master control with Compressor, EQ and Filter.
- New sharing features include Audio Copy, E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP and SoundCloud.
- Compatible with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and X-Sync (with iRig MIX).
GrooveMaker 2 is available to purchase for 8.99 EUR. A free version can be downloaded on the App Store.