Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Liquidclear releases Rectiplyer VST
Liquidclear has released Rectiplyer, a free Octave Distortion VST effect plugin for Windows VST Hosts.
Rectiplier was designed to create interesting distorted and fuzzy lead guitar sounds. The effect simultaneously ‘transposes’ the optionally distorted input signal up 1 and 2 octaves and down 1 and 2 octaves using rectifiers and a zero-crossing modulation technique.
- Power: Turns Rectiplyer on and off (when off, thru signal is stereo)
- Tone: Adjusts cutoff of the 1p LP filter. Turn this to the left to reduce high frequencies and harshness
- Octave Levels/Pan: Adjusts the level and stereo balance of each octave
- Drive Amount: Adjusts the intensity of the distortion
- Drive: Turns the distortion effect on and off
- Volume: Main output level
More information: Liquidclear