Aciddose has released Xhip effect V2, an update to its bundle of free effect plug-ins for Windows.
These effect plugins were originally created for use with Xhip.
Originally Xhip was to have embedded effects. It was later decided that external plugins would be more versatile and easier to manage when used for other tasks.
Xhip effects (limiter)
Changes in Xhip effects R2
- mDelay parameters are smoothed.
- Limiter has activity/clipping LEDs added.
- Small graphical changes, bg color adjusted, shaded slider.
- Several small bugs fixed.
Xhip effects R2 for Windows (VST) are available as a free download.
More information: Xhip effects
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 23, 2010 - 6 comments
Aciddose at PresetExchange.com has released an updated version of its collection of Xhip effect plug-ins for Windows.
these effect plugins were originally created for use with xhip.
xhip was to have embedded effects, but it was decided that external plugins would be more versatile and easier to manage when used for other tasks.
One of the additions to the collection of effects: Limiter
Changes in Xhip effect plug-in collection
- Three new effects: reverb, quantizer and limiter.
- New knob graphics, caching of bitmaps (allowing better, bigger bitmaps) and some optimization.
- The code for the vu meters has been improved – it will now catch peak values more accurately and an rms mode is available – although rms mode is not yet configurable on the gui.
- The phaser has been improved – tuning is improved as well as other small changes. it should sound more “stable” now.
- The compressor has had a “gain reduction” meter added.
The Xhip VST effect plug-ins for Windows are available to download separately (clipper, compressor, gate, limiter, mdelay, phaser, quantizer, reverb, ringmod, tremolo), and bundled in a pack.
More information: Xhip
Xhip is a subtractive synthesizer with a very clean sound and only moderate cpu use.
The effects used in Xhip can also be used separately and Xhip’s filter just got an update. This envelope follower/filter is a clean and simple single stage envelope follower used as modulation input for the filter.
- Attack and Decay in ms
- 8 filter modes: Lowpass, Highpass, Peak and Bandstop each in 12db/o and 24db/o
- Frequency and Resonance controls
- Enevelope depth
- Frequency and Feeback modulation
- Dry/Wet controls
- Headroom control
Currently it has no GUI and is available for free. Once all the Xhipeffects are updated (including a GUI), there may be a commercial release of those, but the GUI-less version will probably remain free.
Currently the Xhipeffects page on the Xhip website is not active, so download the latest version of Xhipeffects filter here (stereo) and here (mono). Check the public section to see if any newer versions were released.