BetabugsAudio has released a Universal Binary version of GetaBlitch Jr., a freeware sequenced gate effect plug-in.
GetaBlitch Jr. stops audio from passing through until it receives one of two user-defined MIDI notes. These may be programmed as a MIDI part, or played live. This stopping and starting of the audio is referred to as “gating”.
GetaBlitch Jr. features
- Note L & R: These knobs allows the user to set which MIDI note will control the opening of the Left and Right channel’s “gate”.
- Channel: The user may select which MIDI channel (from 1 through 16) will control GetaBlitch Jr.
- AttackDecay: This function is “hidden,” and therefore accessed differently by each host. The AttackDecay parameter controls the time for the volume to reach maximum after the gate opens, and then the amount of time for it to return to zero once the gate closes.
- In addition to simply “opening” and “closing” the gate, the MIDI messages allow you to control the amplitude of the audio being passed through. With a note velocity of 127 (the maximum MIDI velocity), your audio will pass through at its original volume. Any other velocity will lower the volume of the signal by a scaled amount.
GetaBlitch Jr. is available for Windows and Mac.
Visit BetabugsAudio for more information.
BetabugsAudio has not yet officially released this plug-in, but if you would like to try out a nice multiband distortion plug-in you should not pass up on BugDrive BETA.
- 3 band drive levels
- 2 sliders divide frequencies into the 3 bands
The public BETA of BugDrive was first released August 4th, but you can still download it here.
The BetabugsAudio edition of George Yohng’s W1 takes the same spectacular limiting engine and gives it a new interface. The W1 interface follows the BetabugsAudio tradition of simplicity and elegance, while providing an inspiring appearance that matches the plug-in’s form to its function.
V1.1 fixes a reported bug where the plugin-in “doesn’t remember settings”.
Visit BetabugsAudio for more information and a link to download W1Limiter.
GetaBlitch Jr. is a sequenced gate effect that is different from traditional “trance gates” in two significant ways: first, it uses MIDI to sequence the gate, rather than a built-in step sequencer; second, it gates the left and right channels of a stereo signal independently and potentially simultaneously.
Check the BetabugsAudio site for more information and a link to download this plug-in.
BetabugsAudio has released a public BETA of GetaBlitch.
GetaBlitch is a sequenced gate effect that is different than traditional “trance gates” in two significant ways: first, it uses MIDI to sequence the gate, rather than a built-in step sequencer; second, it gates the left and right channels of a stereo signal independently and potentially simultaneously.
Downloads are available for Windows and Apple.