Futucraft has launched Cotracks, a collaborative music studio for teamwork on a single iPad.
With Cotracks you can create multiple layers of loops and phrases using multiple instruments. Cotracks is designed to maintain your creative flow and is always ready to capture your ideas, regardless whether you are flying solo or collaborating with others.
Collaboration is where Cotracks really stands out. Everyone in your session has the ability to play and record at will without disrupting or being disrupted by the workflow of others. This lets you lay down the foundation of a tune within minutes and makes Cotracks the perfect and inspiring tool for brainstorming new ideas within a group.
The loops you create may be exported as separate audio clips or as a mixdown audio clip which you may then import and use in any audio software supporting the common wave audio format.
Cotracks is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (50% off regular).
More information: Futucraft / Cotracks
Keith McMillen Instruments has announced a user community site, which acts as a hub for artists to unlock the potential of KMI gear.
Keith McMillen Instruments, developer of the most expressive instruments for making music with computers, today announced a new destination for users to share software templates and hardware presets to further unlock the potential of KMI gear. Got a great project or idea? Share it with the KMI community!
Here are some of the projects the KMI team created and some by our clever users:
- QuNeo Pad Animator – program pad LED sequences on the QuNeo in any DAW
- QuNexus Scales Mode – enables easy playing within a user specified scale and key on QuNexus
- QuNeo Demo Lab – an efficient and fun way to get acquainted with QuNeo’s massive feature set
- QuNeo Enhanced Note Mode – lets you play in tune in a variety of scales
- QuNexus Monomachine Control – enables use of polyphonic pressure and tilt to modulate Elektron Monomachine parameters
More information: Keith McMillen Instruments / Community Projects
Ohm Force has announced that it will release Ohm Studio, the real-time collaborative digital audio workstation currently in public beta, on October 15th, 2013.
It is always an arbitrary decision when a beta turns into a release. While some decisive updates (like a much asked for offline mode) are on their way to Ohm Studio, Ohm Force has observed that its DAW is undoubtedly able to deliver its promise: collaborative musical joy. With 30K users, 80K projects, and 58 collaborative events made during beta testing, there is no more time to postpone the inevitable: taking the big leap and telling the world “here is Ohm Studio”.
The release will happen on October 15th, along with substantial updates to www.ohmstudio.com and the Ohm Studio app. There will also be a full product presentation including pricing, current and future features as well as special collab events. Expect to see a giant sheep eating a castle too.
Of course, there will be no project or account reset. Preorder buyers will be able to go on as usual. Others (or newcomers) while keeping their accounts with associated projects will become free subscribers. They will have a limit of 10 projects and won’t be able to export lossless audio. If they have more than that at the time of release, all projects will be locked until they subscribe or leave enough projects. Note that leaving a project doesn’t imply cancelling your copyrights on the track, only your access to it. Alternatively they will be able to do local backups when offline mode is implemented.
Finally, note that this is the last chance to purchase a lifetime subscription. The lifetime subscription will end along with beta on October 15th. At 224€ (~$250 outside of eurozone) this offer includes the largest Ohm Studio content pack along with permanent subscription to the Ohm cloud (more details here).
More information: Ohm Studio
Kong Audio has announced a Computer Game Music Contest in collaboration with MIDIFAN.
- An original music(no longer than 10 min) for one(or mixed together) of the three following scenes:
- combat/fighting scene.
- ballad/serene scene.
- thriller/intense scene.
- Must contain at least one recognizable Chinese instrument.
Awards: The top 3 winners get a box version of Chinee Orchestra (retail $690) and a trophy.
The contest ends September 15th, 2013.
More information: Kong Audio / Computer Game Music Contest
GForce Software has introduced The Streetly Tapes Vol 2, a new add-on for the M-Tron Pro virtual Mellotron instrument for Windows and Mac.
Streetly Tapes for M-Tron Pro Vol2 is the perfect compliment to the previous Vol1 Expansion Pack and in our opinion is an essential add-on for all M-Tron Pro owners.
Curated from the original Mellotron® tape archives, Volume 2 combines a mixture of rare gems and definitive versions of celebrated, legendary and renowned tones, designed to berate life into your compositions 8 seconds at a time.
The Streetly Tapes Vol 2 features
- A GForce Software and Streetly Electronics collaboration.
- Tape banks from the original UK ‘Tron masters.
- Derived from original EMI tape-stock.
- 24 carefully curated sounds for M-Tron Pro.
- 35 notes per tape bank.
- Exclusively available via download – 600MB.
- 100s of patches, many from luminaries including Jem Godfrey (Frost), Dave Spiers and Tony Durkin.
The Streetly Tapes Vol 2 expansion costs £59.99 GBP inc. VAT.
More information: GForce / The Streetly Tapes Vol 2
Ohm Force has announced The Big Hit, its 50th Ohm Studio Collab Weekend, scheduled for June 28th, 2013.
This is a special event with no rule other than what every musician or so is aiming at when writing a song: The Big Hit.
Newcomers are required to download and install Ohm Studio beta (free of charge), create an account and log in preferably Friday between 8:00 PM and 2:00 AM (GMT).
Red_Force and Jamie will be there waiting for people. The projects will remain open during the week-end as usual through Ohm Studio’s public tab.
More information: Ohm Studio / The Big Hit
, multi fx
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Jun 20, 2013
Positive Grid has updated its JamUp guitar and bass multi-fx processor app for iOS to version 2.4.
Turns your iPad or iPhone into a professional grade Guitar and Bass Multi-Effects System.
Offers 60 industry-acclaimed amp models and effects, iTunes Jam player, phrase sampler, tone sharing and more.
Changes in JamUp v2.4
- New Metal Signature Pack – a collaboration with three metal masters – guitarists Jeff Loomis (Nevermore), Ola Englund (Six Feet Under, Feared) and Keith Merrow. Now you can rock Jeff, Ola and Keith’s six signature amp models and six signature guitar pedals right in JamUp—from ultra clean to trash metal; delay, chorus, four-band parametric EQ to distortion and overdrive! All are certified and carefully developed by both the artists and Positive Grid.
- New Bass Pack II: JamUp adds extra juice to fuel your bass engine with all-new historic bass amp models and effects. Includes four new legendary bass amp models and two highly sought-after bass pedals based on *Acoustic® 360, *Orange® AD-200, *Gallien-Krueger® 700RB II, *Fender® Super Bassman, *EBS® OctaBass and HPF Pro.
- New Pitch Shifter: JamUp adds a real-time pitch shifter/harmony effect (via in-app purchase), simply controlled by your expression pedal. Using StompBox or MIDI footswitch with expression pedal , you can turn your JamUp into a real whammy pedal.
- ToneSharing: JamUp offers world’s the first and only cloud based ToneSharing platform. The new redesigned interface (iPad 2 and newer device required) allows you to browse thousand of presets by simply looking at their effects chains and amp settings. With the power of our fast-growing JamUp tone community, now you can explore, like, comment, share and download over 5,000 artists and users presets.
- Live View: Assigning your custom amp setups and effects chains in JamUp is easy and immediate. And now, JamUp adds convenient and elegant “Live View” displays—a fully assignable control interface with an ultra-clear format that gigging guitarists will appreciate, turning JamUp into a truly live friendly multi-effect system.
- Increased Preset Slots: Store up to 128 presets for all your favorite sounds at the touch of a button!
JamUp XT for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store. The expansion packs are available as $9.99 USD in-app purchases.
More information: Positive Grid
Industrial Strength Records has introduced Voice, a collection of vocal kits for EDM producers in collaboration with Function Loops.
Voice is a exclusive bundle that features two female voices Sasha & Karin. This hi octane pack is geared up for Dubstep, Dance, Techno Electro, Tech House, Progressive and Trance. The pack also comes with loads of Midi files that contain melodies, bass lines, and grooves so you can nail down a track in no time flat.
Voice features over 11 kits complied from Function Loop’s hit packs Sasha & Karin. So if you own either of these packs you might want to pass this wicked bundle up. If you don’t have them. Then get ready for a double blast of sonic goodness. These kits were hand picked by Twisted Reaction and Lenny Dee to insure a solid bundle of samples for your production needs.
Voice can only be purchased on Loopmasters.com. So if your in the market for a monster vocal pack with two different female singers with all the bells and whistles then look no further we gotcha covered. We left loads of head room and kept the vocals so you can tune them a bit further to meet your studio needs.
Voice is available to purchase for £39.95 GBP. Individual kits are £7.95 GBP each.
More information: Industrial Strength / Voice