Planet-H has released G-Stomper Rhythm for Android, a versatile Tool for Musicians and Beat Producers, designed to create your beats on the go.
It’s a feature packed, Step Sequencer based Drum Machine/Groovebox, a Track Grid Sequencer, 24 Drum Pads, an Effect Rack, a Master Section and a Line Mixer. Never lose a single beat again. Write it down and rock your own jam session wherever you are, and finally export it Track by Track or as Mixdown in Studio Quality up to 32bit 96kHz Stereo.
Whatever you are up to, practice your instrument, create beats for later use in the Studio, just jam and have fun, G-Stomper Rhythm has you covered. What are you waiting for, it’s free, so let’s rock!
G-Stomper Rhythm is a pure, sampler based Drum Machine, which is dedicated to beats, ideally for beginners as well as for experienced users.
The app is a free download for Android.
More information: Planet-H / G-Stomper Rhythm
Ableton has introduced the Recording Hybrid Kit, a free multi-sampled, multi-velocity Yamaha drumset by Drumdrops.
The drums that comprise Recording Hybrid Kit were specially selected from several different Yamaha drumsets in order to provide a well-balanced and versatile Drum Racks. The individual drum voices were sampled at multiple velocities and are available in up to 16 steps for each articulation.
Recording Hybrid Kit works well at various tuning pitches, and its big size and its classic Ludwig 402 snare sound makes it especially suitable for rock and pop.
The kit is a free download at Ableton.
More information: Drumdrops / Recording Hybrid Kit
Odo Synths has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Dream 64, a free chip synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an SID emulator, but it’s a plug-in that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music. It’s inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64 but with some extra features for fun.
Dream 64 v3.0 features
- All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Start-step never can be higher than the end.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one manual rate.
- 8 step Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 8 step Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- 8 step Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- A Bitcrusher only for the ringmod. This is nice if you use the Wavetable.
- 16 step easy to edit filter-sequencer. Can be used for nice bass sounds because it has an end step (will sustain).
- Waveforms for the oscillator are saw, triangle, pulse, noise, ringmod mode. The noise is very special – it can be pitched by key or fixed.
- Oscillator octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note and a bitcrusher (this is nice for the wavetable sequencer).
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and manual with inverter.
- The LFOs can start (key sync) (host sync) and (free run).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes with inverter and BPM retrigger.
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Reset most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- Bitcrusher before and after filter.
Dream 64 for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
Wave Alchemy has released DRM Drums, a free sample pack featuring over 380 drum samples from a vintage Vermona DRM drum machine.
All samples have been lovingly recorded through an API pre-amp with every sound boasting eight round robin variations and four accent (velocity) layers!
This sample library is 100% free! All you have to do is login to gain access to the download link!
Original vintage DRM drum machines are quite hard to come by; they were originally manufactured by Vermona in 1986 and appear to be influenced by the iconic 606 and 808 drum machines. Although DRM is an abbreviation for ‘Digital Rhythm Machine’, the sound generation is in fact fully analogue! 12 analogue drum voices are available: kick drum, 3 toms, 2 snares, 2 hi-hats, claves, cowbell, cymbal and a very interesting sounding analogue clap…
DRM Drums contains fully pre-mapped drum kit patches for use with Kontakt 5 and Battery 3. Each kit makes extensive use of multiple velocity layers, round robin sample playback and choke groups to create a truly expressive sample instrument.
All 384 drum samples are included as raw 24-bit wav files, carefully trimmed and labelled, making it easy for those who want to build their own drum kits.
The download is free to Wave Alchemy users (registration is free).
More information: Wave Alchemy / DRM Drums
Modern Mixing has launched a free demo pack of HQ Trap Drum Samples, an upcoming collection of 300+ drum sounds for trap music production.
This of course is a free sample of what’s to come but this FREE pack contains 65 VERY High Quality sounds, along with a standard 808 kit that I left unprocessed.
I know if can be hard to find an 808 kit that hasn’t been sent through the ringer so this is a *BONUS* gift for you and is absolutely Free. Your Welcome!
The demo pack is available at no charge.
More information: Modern Mixing / HQ Trap Drum Samples
Samplephonics has announced the release of the Leeds Town Hall Organ, a free virtual instrument sample library in collaboration with organist Dr Simon Lindley.
Simon crafted 6 versatile presets for us and we began the painstaking process of sampling this incredible feat of engineering. Over the next few months we spent many evenings in the town hall recording every single note with multiple round robins and over 10 second note recordings to capture the true sonic character of the organ. The repetitive nature of the task actually became quite hypnotic and a strange bond began to form between us, the organ, the building and the very spirit of the city of Leeds.
Everyone involved in the project worked long hours and for free, so we felt that it was only right to give away the fruits of our labour and hope that the spirit of this incredible instrument could spread throughout the world and help people to craft wonderful music that moves people to do good things.
Leeds Town Hall Organ features
- 3.2GB compressed content.
- Contains stereo wav organ note recordings and sampler instruments for Kontakt 5, Kontakt 4, Ableton Sampler, EXS24 and Reason NN-XT.
The library is a free download at Samplephonics.
More information: Samplephonics
ProducersHot has released Urban Attack, a free collection of drum & percussion loops by Altair Damon, aimed at urban, trip hop, hip hop, trap etc.
All sounds are created with various percussion chops, some recordings and Altair Damon’s personal drum kit- the result being an unique collection of 14 loops at 24-bit .WAV format.
The BPM range covers the mid-tempo of urban dementia, where you’ll find unusual percussion sounds pumping out, fat basses, drops and unexpected changes.
The sample pack is a free download at ProducersHot.
More information: ProducersHot / Urban Attack
HyperSynth has launched XEditor, a freeware editor for advanced controlling over the Xenophone synthesizer in your DAW.
XEditor offers remote access to all synth engine parameters via MIDI messages (CC and NRPN). The GUI design is based on the hardware layout while keeping all the controls in a single-window system. Most of the knobs are equipped with helpful readout. Using this tool you can edit mod matrix and sequencer without any hassle.
- Full control of the sound engine (212 parameters).
- Support automation for all parameters.
- Rename program remotely via sysex.
- Select programs and banks remotely.
- True readout for envelope and LFO rates.
- Sync to host option for master tempo.
- 128 empty presets.
- 3 Wheels: Pitch, Mod and Aftertouch.
- Run as standalone or VST plugin.
XEditor for Windows is freeware. The Xenophone synthesizer is expected to begin shipping in May-June 2014. It can be pre-ordered now (at 11% discount).
More information: HyperSynth / XEditor