Audio Assault has released version 1.55 of GrindMachine, a metal tone effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
No need to tweak, just plug Grind Machine into your track and enjoy instant mix ready tones that cut through your mix effortlessly.
Grind Machine keeps it simple, using any of it’s 12 amplifiers and 20 cabinets it gives you over 240 kick-ass sounding rig variations, leaving you to focus on the songwriting process and save time on your mix.
Changes in GrindMachine v1.55
- 3 new metal amps.
- 2 new cabs.
- Now includes 15 all metal amps and 22 cabs.
The plug-in is available for purchase for $29.99 USD (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX).
More information: Audio Assault
In Session Audio has launched Resonator Guitar, a slide and fingerstyle loop library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Resonator Guitar is a slide and fingerstyle loop library recorded with a brass-bodied resophonic acoustical guitar (sometimes referred to as a “Dobro®”).
With vocal-like slide playing and slick fretwork the library covers blues, swamp, ragtime, noir, and ballad styles of music.
Whether you’re creating “roots” style music for yourself or are creating soundtrack pieces to accompany scenes of hard times, drinking or card games, Resonator Guitar has what you need in spades.
Resonator Guitar features
- Size: Approximately 1 GB for each format when uncompressed; inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- Parts: 423; inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- Sound: Dry (no reverb). Kontakt users have a menu of reverb types and other effects that can be applied and modified.
- Copy Protected: Custom Watermarked.
- Quality: Stereo 24-bit 44.1kHz (amped); Mono 24-bit 44.1kHz (direct/clean).
- Available Formats: Kontakt, Wav or Aiff.
The library is available for purchase for $79.99 USD. Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher.
More information: In Session Audio / Resonator Guitar
Samplephonics has launched Ambient Guitar Sessions, a colourful library of blessed out mellow guitar loops and samples.
Infused with warm ebow pads, twinkling strummed patterns and spacey melodies, organised comprehensively into construction kits for layering and song construction.
The sample library is bursting with a vast palette of flavours inspired by downtempo, chillout, laid back funk and soul and left field breaks. Blended with textural pedal effects and spacial processing, the grooves slot beautifully into your mix and can be tweaked to suit many different styles and genres.
Inside the sample pack you will find 21 full construction kits with 10 separate stems and tails totalling 433 guitar loops, ready formatted and downloadable in 24 Bit Wav, Apple Loops, Acidized Wav and Rex2 Loop format. All loops and samples are 100% royalty free and ready to roll!
The sample pack costs £34.70 GBP. During the Samplephonics Summer Sale, a 30% discount is available with coupon code SummerSale30 at checkout.
More information: Samplephonics
Binary Music has announced the release of Energy Bow Guitar, an expressive sample instrument of an E-Bowed guitar.
The Energy Bow Guitar library is an expressive Kontakt instrument made from recordings of a Fender American Standard Strat played with an E‑Bow. Sampled chromatically from a drop tuned D2 to A5. We fitted a Seymour Duncan Little ’59 humbucker for extra sustain and everything was recorded cleanly through an Inward Connections Vac Rac 4000 pre-amp.
Energy Bow Guitar features
- Chromatically sampled.
- Clean samples with three round-robins per note.
- ‘Character’ samples with three round-robins. These are still non-distorted samples, but feature the bow occasionally touching the strings and other performance blips and can be selected by a key switch.
- Harmonic samples with three round-robins. The modulation wheel can be used to crossfade into them.
- Release samples.
- Tempo syncable LFOs for vibrato and tremolo.
- Sample start offset to enable faster phrases.
- All samples were recorded in 24 bit at 44.1kHz.
Energy Bow Guitar for Kontakt is available for purchase for £17 GBP/21 EUR/$23 USD including VAT in the EU.
More information: Binary Music
Impact Soundworks has announced Shreddage 2X, a major update to the popular Shreddage 2 virtual electric guitar library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The “Shreddage 2X” update includes a total overhaul of the instrument’s UI and underlying engine, adding new features, refinements, options, and even new recordings like powerchord portamento & staccato samples.
Changes in Shreddage 2X
- UI has been totally redone from the ground up in the style of Archtop. It looks way better, and it’s more intuitive. Check out the Info Bar along the bottom for help text with various controls.
- The underlying engine has been completely rewritten, from string logic to portamento and double-tracking. Fewer bugs! Better string selection!
- The entire instrument has been transposed up one octave to make room for new keyswitches.
- New FX pedals have been added, along with more control over existing FX like the Skreamer pedal or BITE EQ depth.
- New “Thrash Note” feature. When enabled, select a keyswitch. This key will trigger the LAST played note. Useful for live performance / fast parts.
- New custom keyswitches. Articulations can now be assigned to keyswitches, instead of (or in addition to) velocities. Keyswitches can be “latched”, or not. Latching means when you press the keyswitch, that articulation will remain on until you press another keyswitch. Without latching, you have to HOLD the key for the articulation to stick.
- New “Random Resonance” feature. This optional setting will allow for random string resonance, particularly on higher velocities. This can add a bit of extra dirt and sloppiness to your playing.. all in the name of realism!
- New “Pick Offset” feature. Use this to cut into the sample start time of all notes. Great if you want a snappier response and LESS pick attack.
- New Velocity -> Volume and Velocity Curve controls. With Velocity to Volume, you can allow the velocity of your keystrokes to affect volume. With a value of 100%, velocity makes a BIG difference on volume, while 0% is like the original S2 playing mode. Or use anything in between! Velocity Curve lets you smoothly adjust the response of the instrument.
- Various tweaked + improved engine settings (i.e. more options for release noise / extra pick sound).
- New MIDI CCs. You can now tweak portamento wait time, change the unison bend CC, and tune individual strings +/- 7 semitones.
- New + tweaked keyswitches.
Shreddage 2 is currently on sale for $99 USD (regular $139 USD). It is compatible with the free Kontakt 5 Player and includes a free copy of Revalver HPse, the amp sim by Peavey.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Shreddage 2
Scuffham Amps has released version 2.4 of S-Gear, a collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects for Windows and Mac.
S-Gear 2.4 includes the new Custom ’57 amp, an updated ProConvolver offering new cabinet models, updated impulse loader & several other improvements.
The Custom ’57 is the new amp in S-GEAR and is inspired by the favourite Tweed amps from the late ’50s. The control line-up is very simple and dialling in great vintage tones is effortless and fun.
In the speaker emulation section we’ve re-worked the ProConvolver interface with a new layout to improve usability and workflow. The first ‘in-house’ cabinet models include the popular EVM-12L and G12-65 speakers, as well as a Tweed Deluxe cabinet loaded with Celestion and Weber Alnico speakers making a great match for the Custom ’57.
A complete rework of the impulse response import process allows you to drag and drop multiple impulses to S-GEAR. It is now super-easy to import an entire set of Redwirez impulses.
S-Gear for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $99 USD (excluding sales tax/VAT).
More information: Scuffham Amps / S-Gear
In Session Audio has launched Latin Jazz Guitar, an electric guitar loop library sampled from Bossa, Samba and other styles of Latin music.
Latin Jazz Guitar is an electric guitar loop library designed to evoke the fire and passion that comes from Bossa, Samba and other styles of Latin music.
Mellow fingerstyle progressions, uptempo strummed rhythms, thumbed octave melodies and picked lead lines provide a wide range of compositional choices.
So whether it’s music for cocktails, dance, the pursuit or a moonlit walk on the beach, Latin Jazz Guitar is your companion.
Latin Jazz Guitar features
- The library is available in an “amped” or a “direct” (clean) version. Choose the “direct” version if you’d like to use amp simulation software (like Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc…).
- Approximately 615 MB for each “amped” version and format when uncompressed; inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- 360 parts, inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- Dry sound (no reverb). Kontakt users have a menu of reverb types and other effects that can be applied and modified.
- Custom Watermarked copy protection.
- Stereo 24-bit 44.1kHz (amped); Mono 24-bit 44.1kHz (direct/clean).
- Formats: Kontakt, Wav or Aiff.
The sample library is available in various formats starting at $69.99 USD. Kontakt format requires full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher.
More information: In Session Audio / Latin Jazz Guitar