VotanDSP has announced the release of Votan Telepathy, a revolutionary synthesiser available for iOS and 32/64 bit OSX Audio Unit.
What makes Votan Telepathy different is that the two platforms (iOS & Audio Unit) are connected via the Votan Cloud and Control features, offering elegant cloud based preset storage alongside ultra low latency touch control. You can create sounds on the iPad that magically appear in your Audio Units and control an infinite array of Telepathy Audio Unit instances directly from the iPad.
Votan Telepathy iOS and Votan Telepathy AU can work independently, or in unison, offering you complete flexibility whether you are in the studio or on the road.
The Votan Platform is engineered as a dual use solution over both platforms (iOS / DAW). Everything you design on iOS will be available in your DAW.
Votan Telepathy features
- 4 Free Range Oscillators featuring alias free bandlimited waveshapes.
- 4 Multi-Filters featuring VA emulations, Digital LP, HP, BP, BR 2/4 pole and Formant Filters.
- 4 Envelopes, each with independent trigger.
- 4 LFOs featuring standard waveshapes, and morphing wavetables. Each LFO can be triggered independently.
- 4 FX Units with Chorus, Delay, Destroy, FreqShift, Glitch, and EQ algorithms.
- 1 Modulation Matrix – Routes all mod sources to any Telepathy parameter.
- 4 XY Pads.
- Full parameter automation in you chosen DAW.
- Votan Control – automatic connection low latency control from iOS to AudioUnit.
- Votan Cloud – elegantly store your favourite presets in the cloud for instant sharing over your devices.
Votan Telepathy for iOS and AU are available to purchase at an introductory 50% discount until the end of November 2013, priced at £4.99 GBP (iOS) and £29.99 GBP (AU).
More information: VotanDSP
Novation has released version 1.2 of its Launchpad music app for iOS, which now includes audio import as an in-app purchase.
The Audio Import upgrade transforms Launchpad app into a powerful performance tool for users that want to play original music on their iPad, with timestretching, Launch family integration, and full Dropbox integration for import.
Import WAV/AIFF samples by BPM with Dropbox (free Dropbox account required) and assign them to any Launch pad as loops or one shots. Whether from professional sample providers or exported from your own productions, combine your samples with built in and In-App purchased Launchpacks to create a unique library to perform with.
Changes in Launchpad v1.2
- Audio import (via In-App Purchase) — Transform Launchpad app into a powerful performance solution to play your own original music (audio import via Dropbox).
- Improved library manager — Browse categories, packs, and favourites.
- Improved edit modes — New trigger and sync types.
- Per pad volume edit.
- Graphics overhaul.
- Miscellaneous bugfixes and improvements.
Launchpad for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store. The Audio Import is available to purchase for £4.99 GBP / 5.99 EUR / $6.99 USD.
More information: Novation / Launchpad
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013
Intua has updated its BeatMaker 2 music workstation app for iOS to version 2.5.
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Changes in BeatMaker v2.5
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad).
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S).
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks.
- New effect: Stereo delay.
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller.
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved.
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n'learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls.
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default.
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations.
- Looping will no longer reset automations.
- OMNI disabled by default.
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default.
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”.
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping.
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel.
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor.
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
BeatMaker 2 for iOS costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker 2
Qneo has released version 3.1 of Voice Synth, a synthesizer app for voice sculpting.
Voice Synth is a specialized synthesizer for creative voice sculpting, for endless jamming fun and serious productions.
Speak, sing, hum and beatbox in the mic, tweak the controls and turn your voice live into a baby or tenor, a popstar on AutoPitch, a robot from Cylon to iDalek, a church or close harmony choir, animals from birds to dogs and lions, musical instruments from organs, guitars and a groovy bass to percussions and rich 70′s vocoders, amazing effects and ambient, lush string/storm soundscapes.
Changes in Voice Synth v3.1
- iOS7 inter-app audio input/effect support:
- Use Voice Synth as input or effect in other inter-app hosts.
- Control Voice Synth remotely via inter-app MIDI.
- Control the host recorder remotely via Voice Synth.
- iOS7 inter-app audio hosting support:
- Select inter-app input and effect.
- Record input directly into the sampler.
- Record the final result into the tape recorder.
- Operate Voice Synth’s tape recorder remotely from the input and effect.
- Voice Synth engine can now be used together with
- sampler recording, to hear your live-transformed voice while recording.
- tape play, to sing live while playing an earlier recording.
- Re-enabling of audiobus on iOS7 (we recommend to use inter-app audio).
- Note: iPhone 4 does not support inter-app audio and audiobus.
- Bugfix for use with VoiceOver on iPhone.
The Voice Synth app is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.
More information: Qneo Music
Propellerhead Software has announced that its Figure music app is available to download at no cost for a limited time.
Get FIGURE for free!
Did you know that Figure is free App of the Week in the App Store? If you haven’t grabbed this immensely popular iOS app yet, now is definitely the time.
World-class synths? Sure. Beast of a drum machine Totally. But here’s what matters most: Figure is fun! Grab Figure in the App Store now.
The Figure app is free to download until November 1st, 2013.
More information: Propellerhead / Figure
n-Track Software has released version 3.1 of its n-Track Studio app for iOS, now including MIDI support and inter-app audio.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.1
- Support for inter-app audio instruments. Add an instrument app with the + button on the toolbar.
- Mixdown can now be saved in 16, 24, 32 or 64 bit audio format.
- Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardioid, omnidirectional).
- AudioCopy & Paste updated to SDK version 2.[v3.0]
- Fixed glitches on some instruments when playing with sustain on.
- Fixed crash when calling ‘Open track in…’ command, which now appears long tapping on an audio track.
- Fixed removing an instrument may alter output setting of other MIDI tracks.
- Fixed glitches changing song loop interval during playback.
- Built-in metronome with programmable tempo changes [v3.0]
- EQ now appears as a popup window [v3.0]
- 2D frequency spectrum sonogram [v3.0]
- iOS 7 compatibility [v3.0]
- New features available via in-app purchase:
- MIDI tracks with builtin multi instrument synth.
- MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window.
- On screen MIDI keyboard.
- Support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI.
- 3D frequency spectrum.
- Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices.
n-Track for iOS is available to purchase for $6.99 USD. MIDI features are available as in-app purchase for $3.99 USD, 3D frequency spectrum available with the Pro-Features pack for $5.99 USD, and the 8 Effects pack costs $1.99 USD.
More information: n-Track / n-Track Studio
Image-Line has released version 1.2 of FL Studio Mobile for Android and version 2.2 for iOS.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile Android v1.2
- HD graphics for 1080p and 720p devices (removes side bars).
- Sequencer timing accuracy significantly improved.
- Fixes various expansion file download and mounting errors.
- Fixes wrong sample mapping after zip instrument import.
- Minor other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile iOS v2.2
- New features:
- MIDI start/stop slave and master.
- Input gain slider in the recording window (visible with external mic connected).
- AudioCopy 2.0 support (iOS 7 compatible).
- WAV export option to write 1 file per track.
- Performance & speed:
- Major performance improvements (play more tracks without audio dropouts).
- Audio file editing is up to 5x faster.
- Reverb quality and performance improved.
- Other improvements:
- Audio recordings are placed more accurately.
- Setup latency options removed, it’s now always at minimum.
- Filenames can now contain non-latin characters.
- Inbox folder is no longer present, files are moved to the top level folder.
- .flml (drum loop) files can be opened from other apps like Mail or Safari.
- Overall stability greatly improved.
The feature-set of the Android and iOS versions will be harmonized in future updates, including the addition of the following features to the Android version:
- Audio tracks and wave editor
- Background audio (playback while the app runs in the background)
- SoundCloud upload
- In-app shop
While projects, .flm format, are compatible between Android and iOS, if audio tracks are present they are ignored. If instruments are not available the MIDI data is loaded and the a default instrument is used.
FL Studio Mobile is available to purchase for $19.55 USD (Android) / $19.99 USD (iOS HD version).
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
Apple has announced its next generation iWork & iLife apps for OS X & iOS, including new versions of GarageBand for iOS and GarageBand for Mac.
GarageBand for Mac has received its biggest update ever with a fresh new look, all new Sound Library, and amazing new features, like Drummer and Smart Controls, giving you everything you need to easily make a great-sounding song.
GarageBand for iOS has been updated to match the look and feel of iOS 7 and taps the power of 64-bit to bring musicians a full recording studio with up to 32 tracks. With iOS 7 Inter-App Audio you can record third-party music apps right into GarageBand, and AirDrop allows you to wirelessly share your song projects with other iOS users so you can work on songs together.
iCloud helps keep your song projects up to date across your devices, and users can start a song on iOS and pick up where they left off using GarageBand for Mac.
GarageBand for Mac and iOS are free for all OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 users. Additional GarageBand instruments and sounds are available for a one-time in-app purchase of £2.99 GBP for each platform.
More information: Apple / GarageBand