Camel Audio has released version 2.3 of Alchemy Mobile, which contains some of the most significant additions to the Pro version of their free Alchemy Mobile iOS app to date.
With the Pro version you can now create your own presets using samples imported from Dropbox, iTunes, other apps or any of the samples available in Alchemy Mobile’s extensive range of sound libraries.
Creating presets is easy – simply select from a comprehensive range of templates including granular pads, stretched soundscapes, distorted arps and drum kits, then choose your samples and customize the remix pads to create your own unique Alchemy presets.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.3
- Tap and slide away from controls for increased accuracy.
- Double track length for longer overdubbing.
- Audiobus 2 support for even better integration with your other apps.
- Numerous other improvements and additions.
- [Pro] Import samples and create your own presets using templates (go to Sound Libraries > User).
- [Pro]Create your own remix pad variations.
- [Pro]Support for Audiobus 2 project saves.
- [Pro]Note erase mode – easily edit your recordings.
The Pro Upgrade is available at 50% off until July 7th, 2014. All Sounds Bundles are priced at 50% of the cost of purchasing the products individually.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Roland has introduced CUBE-10GX, a compact guitar amp with customizable tones via a free App for iOS and Android.
Compact, affordable, and equipped with built-in effects, the CUBE-10GX is perfect for beginning players or any guitarist looking for a small amp for practice, jamming, and recording.
The CUBE-10GX also offers a unique sound customization feature, allowing users to swap out different COSM amp types with the free CUBE KIT app running on their smart phone or tablet.
The CUBE-10GX is equipped with 10 watts of power and a custom-designed 8-inch speaker. Roland’s superior CUBE construction standard provides sound quality and durability that far exceeds other amps in its class, with rigid cabinetry, heavy-duty corner protectors, and more.
- Compact 10-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 8-inch speaker.
- Three preset COSM amp types: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Replace preset amps with custom COSM amps via the free CUBE KIT app for iOS and Android devices.
- Three onboard effects: chorus, delay, and reverb (including plate and spring reverb types).
- Bass, Middle, and Treble tone controls.
- Rec Out/Phones jack provides high-quality direct tones for quiet practice and recording.
- Aux In jack for jamming with an external music player.
More information: Roland / CUBE-10GX
Klevgränd Production has launched SquashIt, a multi-band distortion effect app for iOS and AU plug-in for Mac.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset.
SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
SquashIt for Mac (AU) is available as a free download.
SquashIt for iPad supports Inter App Audio (IAA) and can be connected to Garageband and other IAA compatible iOS applications. It is available at the App Store for $0.99 USD.
More information: Klevgränd Production
Patchworks has announced the release of a free version of Conductr, the Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
Conductr was launched in September 2013. During the last nine months, we’ve got an amazing feedback from both professional and amateur musicians — you can check some of their opinions about Conductr in our Artists portfolio. Reviewers, certified trainers and institutions like Point Blank and the Berklee College of Music have given us extremely positive feedback for our app.
This has motivated us to take a big leap forward: we want everybody to love Conductr as much as us and our supporters do.
So from now on, CONDUCTR IS A FREE APP.
From today, you can download a basic version of Conductr for free which will allow you to control 4 tracks and 11 scenes on any Ableton Live set. You can also create 2 user modules, each one can integrate up to 8 parameters from any device on any track of your set.
You can make in-app purchases for different premium modules and packs to get unlimited features and personalize Conductr based on your needs.
This update also includes a Sends Mode in the Mixer Module, a Mute Hiding button and the possibility to save your projects’ complete set-ups — features many of our early adopters demanded.
In upcoming weeks, new modules will be launched.
More information: Conductr
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together.
With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the output of one Audiobus-compatible app into the input of another. Use Audiobus to play a synthesizer live into a looper or multi-track recorder, or use one app to manipulate the live output of another.
Changes in Audiobus v2.1
- New Multi-Routing feature (In-App Purchase) allows unlimited connections and effect chaining.
- Presets let you save and share connections and the settings of the individual apps within your Audiobus workflow.
- Multi-channel input hardware support.
- New hardware latency controls.
Audiobus for iOS is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Audiobus
Positive Grid has announced an update to JamUp, its flagship guitar and bass multi-effects app for iOS.
New JamUp includes an Acoustic Simulator that turns any electric guitar into realistic acoustic tone, featuring Acoustic Imaging, Acoustic Pro Simulator, Acoustic EQ and Acoustic Reverb.
New JamUp includes three new Expansion Packs: Vintage Effects, Acoustic Pro, and Gurus Amps®, built-in BIAS integration with free factory amp, new designed graphic interface, comprehensive preset manager, and new JamUp Store.
New JamUp represents the best solution for the mobile musicians. In conjunction with a high quality guitar interface for iOS the iPad or iPhone, it delivers anything a guitar or bass player could dream of in terms of an incredible selection of amp tones, effects and programmability for any situations: rehearsing at home, backstage, recording and live performance.
“New JamUp is the celebration of three years since the original JamUp hit the market, so we created a full blown new version”, said Jaime Ruchman, Marketing Manager at Positive Grid. “Musicians can now revive the classic tone and feel of vintage amps and effects, and this time we were able to collaborate with Gurus Amps to create unique sounding amp tones. New JamUp proves how easy, professional, and fun it can be when integrated as an endless platform”.
Changes in JamUp
- Vintage Effects Expansion Pack — Features 8 most vaunted and valuable guitar effects revisiting the times when the modern guitar tone was born, whether for innovation, inspiration, sound, sheer popularity, or all of the above, each unit can make the perfect cut! The included models are based on: *Dallas Rangemaster® Treble Booster, *Electro Harmonix® Small Clone, Big Muff, Knockout Attack EQ, *Boss® DM-2 Analog Delay, *Voodoo Labs® Vibe, *Fulltone® OCD Overdrive and *Demeter Tremulator Tremolo.
- Introducing the unique acoustic imaging technology: Acoustic Expansion Pack — Featuring Positive Grid’s acoustic imaging technology that restores a studio-miked sound to a undersaddle or soundhole pickup. This is the complete acoustic tone solution for both acoustic and electric guitar players. It comes with the new and premium Acoustic Simulator that any electric guitar into realistic acoustic tone. The included models are: Acoustic Imaging, Acoustic Pro Simulator, Acoustic EQ and Acoustic Reverb.
- Gurus Amp Expansion Pack — Positive Grid partnered with Cicognani Engineering who developed 3 extremely powerful Amps. The Guru Amps Models provide all the juice needed to fuel the guitar tone with sweet’n’deep crunch styled sound. All from a light squeeze of overdrive to full on classic distortion and everything in between. The included amp models are based on Gurus Naked amplifier’s Sexy Channel, Crunch Channel and Lead Channel. We choose to collaborate with Gurus Amps because this Italian company made the World first Tube Amplifiers specifically designed for live use of external digital devices running emulation software. Thanks to their innovative iChannel®, Gurus Amps can express the best of both worlds, analog and digital together.
- BIAS Custom Amp — JamUp now comes with free Positive Grid’s BIAS amp; users can taste the powerful BIAS tone inside JamUp and go deeply into full customization with the optional BIAS-app on iPhone and iPad, bringing the amp modeling world to a whole new level.
- New graphics, preset manager, Dropbox support and more — The redesigned graphical interface makes JamUp look even better. JamUp adds a useful and intuitive preset manager to order, edit and delete presets, and users can now backup presets via Dropbox.
The update is available for both JamUp XT (free) and JamUp Pro XT ($19.99 USD) from the iTunes App Store. Both apps offer the same sound engine, and both are compatible with the JamUp Plug ($19.99 USD), JamUp Plug HD ($99.99 USD) and most iOS guitar audio interfaces.
More information: Positive Grid / JamUp
Single Cell Software has released version 3.1.0 of Caustic, a music creation software for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac.
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Changes in Caustic v3.1.0
- [iOS] AudioBus support (in+out).
- [iOS] Background audio + virtual MIDI.
- [iOS] New synth: KSSynth.
- [iOS] 2 new Modular components.
- [iOS] Undo/Redo in pianoroll editors.
- [iOS] MIDI Pitch bend + CC mappings.
- [iOS] Metronome count-in.
- [iOS] Velocity pads for BeatBox.
- [iOS] Skinning support.
- [Android] New synth: KSSynth.
- [Android] 2 new Modular components.
- [Android] Undo/Redo in pianoroll editors.
- [Android] MIDI Pitch bend + CC mappings.
- [Android] Metronome count-in.
- [Android] Velocity pads for BeatBox.
- [Android] Skinning support.
The Windows and Mac OS X desktop versions are free but come with no support. New is a Mac OS X version and a standalone (no registry access required) Windows application.
More information: Single Cell Software / Caustic