Magix has announced version 11 of Samplitude and Sequoia at the MusikMesse.
Concerning sound, Samplitude is the uncontested leader of software packages in the deluxe class. We concentrated on our strengths like Hybrid Audio Engine, analytic DSP effects and object-oriented editing, without declining to enter into a new round of the DAWs arms race with innovations and improvements.
Samplitude 11 features
- Complete – The production workflow in the areas of MIDI, audio quantization and others has been perfected, and managers have been integrated through design and docking.
- New – Redeveloped starting from the basics using research done by program users, an “essential FX” suite has been created. It is a great help to all studio base applications, allowing resource savings at many levels; in addition, it is uniform in design and operation and offers a compact interface.
- Genius – Signal editing has always been the core strength of Samplitude development. This team has developed artifact-free timestretching, the upward compressor as well as a new EQ with selectable minimum-phase or phase-linear algorithms.
- Great – Without limitations (unlimited plug-in number and possible VSTi slots) and with integrated DSP, mastering and authoring standards, Samplitude 11 (standard) is a sequencer which delivers true value for your money.
- Vandal inside – to make it really loud: „One Amp to rule them all … “
Sequoia 11 will have an improved workflow.
In the last months, we have placed the user and his or her typical, repeating tasks under the magnifying glass.
By raising the efficiency of day-to-day work, more concentration and space is left for creative processes at the end.
Sequoia 11 features
- Multisynchronous cut (MuSyC) – After analyzing the audio material, all takes of the same content will be displayed one below the other and may be compared to each other without manual sliding with the cursor. A purely optical timestretching takes place, resulting in a synchronous representation on the waveforms.
- AAF/OMF – Through AAF/OMF support, projects may be switched between various workstations (e.g. between image editing and audio postproduction) without any detours with additional software.
- Video export – After dubbing a video, it is possible to export the finished audio mix complete with the video signal. This eliminates additional steps in video editing software.
- Advanced user administration – Administrators may import and export program and system settings from Sequoia. This makes maintaining several systems within one network much easier and faster.
- All new Samplitude features are also found in Sequoia 11.
A free upgrade will be available to anyone who purchases the full version or upgrade of Samplitude or Sequoia 10 during the period from February 1, 2009 until the release of the new version.
Visit the Samplitude website for more information.
Magix has released version 10.2 of digital audio workstation Sequoia and audio editor Samplitude.
Version 10.2 offers further improvements as well as latest optimizations and bugfixes for all Sequoia 10 / Samplitude 10 versions
Sequoia’s Crossfade Editor and Clipstore get some improvements. The FLAC format is now supported and video codecs have been updated. The changes also include improvements to the MIDI Editor, Dithering, Spectral Cleaning, Take Composer, FFT Filter, Folder Tracks and more.
The changelog has detailed information on what’s new.
Visit Magix for more information.
Magix has released a download version of Samplitude 10, a limited version of Samplitude 10 that you can download and use right away.
Limitations of Samplitude 10 DLV
- Independence LE not included.
- Impulse responses for Offline Convolution Reverb not included.
- Content for Auto Jam Session not included.
- Demo content not included.
- Printed manual not included.
- DVD not included.
Samplitude 10 DLV is available now priced at €349 EUR. A personal serial number can be acquired online after up to 30 days of free use of all the functions.
Visit the Samplitude website for more information.
Magix has released a new demo (v10.01) of Samplitude Pro, the application for audio and MIDI recording, editing and mastering for PC.
The demo version of Samplitude is a working version with the following limitations:
- Recording time limit: 1 minute.
- CD / DVD burning is not possible (CD burning simulation only).
- VIP length maximum: 3 minutes.
- Destructive effect processing is not possible (real-time preview is allowed).
- There’s no real-time room simulation except the real-time preview for offline processing.
- Saving and exporting is not allowed.
- Score printing is limited to one page.
- Independence LE is not included.
- am|munition and deesser have limited function: no saving of own settings, no automation, 44.1kHz only.
- All included but limited real time effects of the Cleaning & Restoration Suite can be purchased as add-ons for Samplitude Pro (Denoiser, Declipper, Decrackler, Declicker, Brilliance Enhancer).
The plug-ins of the Analogue Modelling Suite, the Vintage Effects Suite Pro and the Variverb Pro are not included in the demo version but can be downloaded as VST version (full featured demo without presets and saving, limitations are the same as with am|munition and deesser).
Visit the Samplitude website for more information and a link to download the demo of Samplitude 10 Pro.
Posted in news
on Nov 09, 2007
CME is now shipping the M-Key, a portable ultra-thin 49-key MIDI keyboard.
CME M-Key ultra-thin MIDI keyboard
- 49 notes ultra thin full action semi-weighted keyboard, velocity sensitive.
- 1 x Programmable Joystick.
- 1 x function button, 2 x data entry button, 1 x slider (assignable), 1 x power LED.
- 1 x USB port, 1 x MIDI out, 2 x pedal connect.
- USB MIDI, class-compliant with Windows XP and Mac OS X.
- Firmware upgraded via USB.
- Universal pedal connector, full compatible with switch and expression pedal.
- Note-key shortcut function.
The M-Key comes with the “CME MusicPack”, a free CD-rom which includes well-known professional audio software: Samplitude SE, Analog factory SE, Waldorf Edition LE, TruePianos demo, Keytosound Remedy VST and Musicator MW5 UF edition.
The M-Key is now shipping in the US for $99.
Visit CME for more information.