Wavesfactory has announced the release of Freelodica, a free sampled 32 keys Hohner Melodica for Native Instruments Kontakt.
2 microphone positions with stereo width controls. Envelope, key-noise and air volume control. 3x optional round robin and extended range. Original tuning and perfect tuned samples. Dynamics controlled by any CC. Breath noises included for more realism.
We also modeled the imperfect behaviour of the instrument so there is no either sonic or playable difference between The Freelodica and the real thing.
- Stereo WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit.
- 3x optional round robin.
- 120Mb downloaded.
- 2 microphone positions with stereo controls.
- Original tuning and digitally tuned versions.
- Envelope, key noise and breath controls.
- Dynamics controlled by any CC.
- Real behaviour modelled.
The download is available for free exclusively at Wavesfactory.com. Requires Kontakt full version 4.2.4 or higher.
More information: Wavesfactory / Freelodica
Embertone has launched Harmonette, a free virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Harmonette is a rare, antique instrument, and in all of our research we could not find a similar one! It looks like a recorder, but functions and sounds more like a melodica. And it’s super old – our best guess is somewhere between 60-80 years.
The Christmas-like colors inspired us to offer the Harmonette as a free, time-limited instrument… the window of opportunity to download this will be very small. So what are you waiting for!? Grab this instrument and make some music!
- One squeaky toy, huge range of sounds.
- 11 NKI files.
- 32 MB installed.
- Sample resolution: 48 Khz / 16-bit stereo.
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2 or later full retail versions required.
The library is a free download at Embertone for a limited time.
More information: Embertone / Harmonette
AfroDJMac has released the Melodica Rack, a free sound library for Ableton Live.
For many years, my melodica has served me well. It’s easy to play and has, in my opinion, a warm friendly charm. I made a lot of use of it on my Forest Far album, and recently I began using it in my live performances, running it through my Vocal Effect Rack and mangling it to my hearts desire.
This week I share it with you in the form of a free Ableton Live Rack / Sample Pack. I’ve racked it up with some useful effects, Morphing Filter with LFO, Vibrato, Grain Delay, Bit Crusher, and Vocoder. It does everything from the traditional Melodica sound to the bizarre and unexpected.
The Melodica Rack is available as a free download (valid email address required).
More information: AfroDJMac
Samsara Cycle Audio has released SM01 Virtual Melodica, a free virtual instrument for Windows.
Samsara Cycle Audio SM01 Virtual Melodica
Virtual Melodica features
- ADSR envelope.
- Tone control.
- Vibrato with controls for speed, amount, and delay.
- Midi Learn.
SM01 Virtual Melodica is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
More information: Samsara Cycle Audio / SM01 Virtual Melodica
Cinematique Instruments has released Experimental Box V2, the second part in a series of experimental sample libraries.
This time we focuses on objects and elements we found in a smithy of an artist blacksmith. We created a nice mish-mash of highly playable rhythms, ambients and instruments which are perfect for writing music in an experimental and minimalist way or giving your music a special character.
We just spent some hours in a smithy and recorded everything we could our hands on (next time we´ll definitely spend some more time): Nails, anvils, grindstones, ferreous tools, metal shapes, tubes, resonating plates, rattling sheets and any kind of machines. We´ve beaten, scrubbed and rattled the material and objects with hands, metal or rubber hammer, sticks and iron bars and came out with a wonderful assortment of textures, morphing pads, weird percussion and undefined instruments.
Experimental Box V2 features
- Anvil – Different sounds of beating the anvil, 17 velocity layers.
- Arcus Response – Iron hits with random delays. ModWheel adds weird noises.
- Dark Sheet – very deep and dark plate modulated through microphone movement, ModWheel changes scenario, rotator switch.
- Ferrous Loops – 35 sophisticated tempo-synced loops made of Ferreous Percussion, several knobs to control the sound.
- Ferreous Percussion – nails, metal clear, saws, unsorted hits of cans and tins and undefined smithy sounds.
- Grinding – 22 loops or one shots of close recording of grinding objects.
- Knatter – undefined deep crackling.
- Low Machine – a machine hum suspense pad, ModWheel controls amount of suspense.
- Metal Glass Sizzle – prudent and shy mystic texture, ModWheel adds digital distortion.
- Metal Resonance – low and calm spooky pad, ModWheel morphs sound.
- One Minute Melodica – melodica played by the blacksmith, distorted.
- Rattling Sheet – undefined deep rattling, ModWheel adds texture.
- Small Saw Hit – enormous deep but soft hits.
- Spanner – nice assortment of 8 different spanner.
- Strap Arp – tie-wrap arpeggiator.
- Tipping The Plate – deep metal percussion sound.
Experimental Box V2 for Kontakt 3 or higher is available to purchase for 22 EUR.
More information: Cinematique Instruments / Experimental Box V2
Christoph Hart has released Volker, a free funky melodica instrument for Kontakt. A lot of brain work and programming effort was put into this instrument. Although you can download the files for free, consider it … read more
Some interesting things I found recently: # Drone Machines by Tristan Shone. Drone Machines are custom made machines fabricated from raw materials and utilizing open source circuitry. The devices draw heavily on aspects of industrial … read more
, Brian Green
, drum machine
, open source
, random posts
, tips and tricks
, Tom Shear
, Tristan Shone
Posted in random posts
on Sep 07, 2009 - 0 comments