Spektro Audio has released version 1.1 of Komplex, a Max for Live synthesizer instrument inspired by the Buchla 261e module.
The 1.1 update fixes a couple of issues that we had with the 1.0 version and brings many new features such as polyphony, envelope curves and new waveforms for the Mod LFO.
Changes in Komplex v1.1
- Major sound engine improvement – We re-designed the sound engine to make Komplex sound a lot better!.
- Polyphony – Komplex can now play up to 8 voices! You can now use Komplex to create some beautiful FM keys.
- Improvements to the Wave Morph section – morphing between the 3 waveforms sounds a lot smoother.
- Improvements to the 3 ADSR E.G.s – adjustable curves (Log – Lin – Expo) and equivalent ranges to all 3 E.G.s.
- New “Vel” buttons let’s you enable or disable velocity control for the FM and Morph / Shape envelopes independently.
- Improved FM section – we’ve fixed some issued related to the FM section and the modulating wave’s phase.
- You can now choose from 6 different waveforms for modulation: Sine, Triangle, Saw, Ramp, Square and S&H.
- Minor design improvements to improve usability.
- Fixed Shaper control range.
- New preset bank.
Komplex is available for purchase for $8 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / Komplex
u-he has posted a new public beta version of Bazille, a modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This hasn’t gone through proper internal testing yet, but as the public beta serial expires on Tuesday, we thought you’d appreciate a quick update with a month’s extension.
We’re now almost through with the things we still wanted to do, but we might not be there for a final release yet.
Changes in Bazille rev2435
- UI scaling in steps of 10% (let us know what you think) Note: Scope not yet fixed for resize.
- Voice Control rewritten for multi-MIDI-channel support (Poly mode acts as “Note Expressions For Anyone” where notes played on a distinct channel receive PitchBend, AT/PolyAT, ModWheel, BC and Expression just on that channel. Mono/Legato modes work like 16 separate instances, one on each channel aka “Guitar Mode”). This stuff does not yet work in Duo mode.
- on the same subject, much of the Notestealing trouble fixed.
- New “gearporn” skin added – everything on one *busy* page, no tabbed interface.
- Snapshot copy/paste/interpolate should work now.
- A lot more things undo/redo-able.
- Improved TapMap (less aliasing, proper gain, fixed loading from presets in Multicore mode).
- Thru-Zero FM depth independent of quality (automatic fix for existing presets).
- Global Finetune now in real Cents (automatic fix for existing presets).
The new public beta is available to download from the u-he forum. Bazille is available to purchase at a 30% discount for a limited time.
More information: u-he / Bazille
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of Disting, its latest Eurorack synthesizer module.
The Disting is a 16-in-1 multifunction module, offering a variety of CV and audio processes, including a selection of oscillators (LFOs/VCOs), in a compact 4HP package.
Unlike all previous Expert Sleepers modules, the disting is in no way reliant on a computer connection – it’s a normal, standalone module.
- Precision Adder with integer voltage offsets.
- Four Quadrant Multiplier with integer multiply/divide.
- Full-wave Rectifier.
- Linear/Exponential Converter.
- Slew Rate Limiter with linear and exponential slew.
- Sample and Hold with noise source and adjustable slew rate.
- Comparator with adjustable hysteresis.
- Pitch and Envelope Tracker.
- Quantizer with selectable scales.
- Dual Waveshaper wavefolder and triangle-to-sine shaper.
- Clockable Delay/Echo.
- LFO with through zero frequency control and wave shaping.
- Clockable LFO with multiply/divide and waveshaping.
- VCO with linear FM sine and saw outputs.
- VCO with waveshaping saw/triangle and pulse outputs.
Disting is available for purchase for MSRP £119 GBP/$170 USD.
More information: Expert Sleepers / Disting
Future Loops has announced the release of Jimmy Edgar – Modular Loop Systems, a collection of over 1,100 samples & loops produced by electronic musician Jimmy Edgar.
Inside Jimmy Edgar – Modular Loop Systems you will find many samples and loops that make up for Jimmy’s signature sound. It’s a combination of Techno , Ambient, Electro, Funk, Experimental, Hip Hop, Glitch and everything in between – a journey through Jimmy Edgar’s extensive collection of analog synths and sound manipulation gear.
Most of the collection was recorded from Modular synths but digital production is also represented with Digital Chords, Synths, Vox and Percussion loops.
The bulk of this sample library are the One-Shots folders where you will find over 800 unique one-shot samples: Modular FX, Modular Bass, Patch Chords, Modular Chords, Atmospheres, Drums and more.
Samples are all Royalty-Free and offered in WAV and REX formats.
The sample pack is available for purchase for 39.95 EUR.
More information: Future Loops / Modular Loop Systems
Desert Sound Studios has released version 1.2 of Mk-iii, a fully-featured modular drum machine built for Ableton Live.
The Mk-iii combines the latest music technology with classic synthesizer design. The result is a musical instrument that’s meant to be played.
The core of the Mk-iii drum revolves around two completely independant Max for Live devices, a step sequencer and a sample playback module. Though each device can be used on its own, the Mk-iii drum machine is only realized when the two devices combine into a single musical instrument.
Changes in Mk-iii v1.2
- Unused parameters no longer affect Lives undo history.
- Drum Module decay settings now load properly on startup.
- Sequencer settings now saved with Live Project (v1.1).
- Adds clear and reset functions to Sequencer (v1.1).
- Adds new MK-iii Effects device (v1.1).
Mk-iii is available for purchase for $23.99 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Live 8 or 9 with Max for Live Add-on.
More information: Desert Sound Studios / Mk-iii
Spektro Audio has announced Wired Bass, a free Ableton Live instruments pack.
This instrument pack contains 10 multi-sampled bass patches for Ableton Live’s Sampler instrument. These patches were created using a Eurorack modular synthesizer and CV Toolkit – Standalone Version.
We tried to come up with analog bass sounds that can work great in many different music genres by using variety of different oscillators, filters and synthesis techniques.
The pack is available to download from Spektro Audio at no charge.
More information: Spektro Audio / Wired Bass
Madrona Labs has released version 1.1 of Kaivo, a semi-modular physical modeling synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Hi there! For the past three months, I’ve been working on an update to Kaivo, and it’s finally time to roll it out. I’ve tuned up the audio engine, improved the graphics and spent many hours finding and fixing a whole host of minor UI issues that made people including me go “grrrr” sometimes.
Thanks as always for your support, and all the feedback you have sent my way about the 1.0 version. This 1.1 release is feeling buttery smooth here, and I hope it gives you many happy hours diving into sound.
Changes in Kaivo v1.1
- Over 50 new factory patches.
- Optimized DSP code (10-20% improvement).
- Made demo reminder noise quieter.
- Added a new audio import dialog.
- Trimmed and optimized source samples.
- Fixed a compatibility problem with Soundplane.
- Improved model sonics in high frequencies.
- Improved resonator tuning.
- Increased range of resonator damping parameter.
- Improved legibility of scope dials.
- Fixed a problem saving the window location.
- Fixed glitches in xy scope display.
- Improved typography.
- Improved granulator view speed.
- Fixed annoying disappearing menu issue.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in 64-bit VST.
- Added case-insensitive sort for patch menu.
- Fixed audio issues with body nonlinearity.
Kaivo for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $129 USD.
More information: Madrona Labs / Kaivo