Inear Display has released BowEcho, a modular delay effect plug-in for Windows.
BowEcho is a modular sound mangler based on 4 delay lines. It offers a large palette of sound design options thanks to 4 LFOs that can run at control or audio rate, 4 Mixers that can also act as gainers, basic filters, ringmodulators or stereo splitters, and the ability to route the output of each module the way you want. For example the LFOs can act as raw oscillators that can be used to ringmodulate the feedback path of a delay line. The delay times can be modulated over a wide range to generate noisy glitches or basic pitchshifting of the input.
BowEcho is a versatile delay plugin that can adapt to your sonic needs : use it as a simple flanger with only one delay and one LFO, or go crazy and route all modules in absurd ways to produce creepy screaming drones.
- 4 delay lines with optional tempo sync.
- 4 “mixers” that can also act as gainers, basic filters, ringmodulators and stereo splitters.
- 4 LFOs with optional tempo sync and the ability to run at audio rate.
- flexible modular routing.
- MIDI learn.
- MIDI program change support.
- Vector based resizable user interface.
- Cross-platform presets.
- 62 factory presets by Ivo Ivanov, Daed, and Apparition.
- Lifetime free updates for registered customers.
BowEcho for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 10 EUR until October 6th, 2013 (regular 20 EUR).
More information: Inear Display / BowEcho
Glicthmachines has announced the release of Proximity, a free sample pack comprising 150 SFX by sound designer Ivo Ivanov.
Proximity is the third installment in our FREE Nanopack series. The goal with this series of sample packs is to bring you exclusive, high quality sound effects with the same uncompromising production values as our paid products.
Proximity features a collection of modular synthesizer sound effects featuring modules from Make Noise, Malekko and The Harvestman. You will find gritty one-shot modulations, electronic blips, bass stabs and glitches.
The sample pack is a free download at Glitchmachines.
More information: Glitchmachines / Proximity
Little Endian has released version 2.9.0 of the SpectrumWorx sound mangling plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Little Endian today announced the release of SpectrumWorx™ audio plug-in version 2.9 with 64-bit support for both Mac OS X and Windows.
This version adds a 10-preset signature bank created by Cinning Bao. Both OS versions have been updated with several sound fidelity, stability and performance improvements.
- VST and AU support.
- 64-bit and 32-bit.
- 100% Frequency domain operation.
- Modular design with five module slots.
- Over fifty modules to choose from (freeze, harmonizer, pitch shifter, vocoder, octaver, wah-wah, whisperer, wobbler, autotune, reverser, etc.).
- Sophisticated “time-to-frequency” engine optimized for low CPU usage.
- Flexible Preset browser with comment field.
- Shipped with over 250 presets.
- Free or tempo-synchronised LFOs with phase adjustment and 11 waveforms.
- External audio input for inter-sample effects.
- Slick and user-friendly GUI.
- Detailed User’s Guide.
SpectrumWorx is available to purchase for $119 USD for a single format, or $149 USD for the bundle of formats.
More information: Little Endian / SpectrumWorx
Mutools has released version 5.2 of MuLab and MUX VST
The MuLab sound and music production system transforms a computer into an inspiring modular studio.
Changes in version 5.2
- Redesigned UI system resulting in a greatly improved look & feel!
- Redesigned the MuSynth, MuDrum, MuPad, MuSampla, MultiSampla, MuVerb and MuEcho front panels.
- Oscillators: Super Layers (aka “Fatness”) can now be edited in detail, resulting in many more sound options. Such osc layer setups can also be copy-pasted and saved as presets.
- New monophonic mode for great solo sounds!
- Many more improvements, details in the changelog.
MuLab 5 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase staring at 29 EUR, MUX 5 UL costs 49 EUR.
More information: MuTools
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2013
Avid has announced the S6 Control Surface, a major new addition to its industry leading family of control surfaces for sound recording, mixing and editing.
Avid S6 is designed for audio professionals in the most demanding production environments, delivering the performance needed to complete projects faster while producing the best sounding mixes. In addition, S6 provides mixing professionals with a state-of-the-art solution that easily scales to meet their current and future challenges.
“Working in ever more complex environments with fast project turnarounds, mixers need intuitive, tactile control of editing and mixing, and the ability to easily work with other artists, engineers, and facilities,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. “Drawing on more than 20 years of leading edge innovation, the S6 delivers the game-changing modularity, superior ergonomics, and streamlined collaboration to meet mixers’ changing business requirements.”
Built on the same proven technology that is core to the industry-leading ICON and System 5 product families, the Avid S6 enables mixers to quickly turn around complex projects while swiftly handling last-minute changes. With its unparalleled ability to simultaneously control multiple Pro Tools® and other EUCON™-enabled DAWs over simple Ethernet, S6 also speeds workflows and enables network collaboration on a single integrated platform.
- Revolutionary modular design — Adapting to every stage of a user’s business, the S6 control surface can be customized with the addition of the modules needed to match current workflow. It can be horizontally and vertically scaled as the client base grows. Pre-configured S6 M10 or S6 M40 surfaces may be purchased with the required faders, knobs, etc. already provided or, with S6 M40, further personalized with different channel control combinations.
- Superior ergonomics — A traditional, familiar console layout allows easy transition from previous systems. The multipoint touchscreen quickly and easily accesses plug-ins, large track counts, surround panning and more, while top-lit status knobs and high resolution OLEDs add operational efficiency. Additional 12.1” displays on S6 M40 systems further enhance instant project overview by providing deep visual feedback on key items such as channel names, audio meters, routing, clip names, and scrolling waveforms. Ultimate recall enables quick location for last-minute mix changes.
- Intelligent studio control — Compatible with Pro Tools and other popular EUCON-enabled DAWs, S6 enables detailed work on up to eight audio workstations simultaneously, as well as the ability to switch sessions in seconds from a single control surface across the facility. High-speed Ethernet connectivity makes it easy to reconfigure operations as business requirements dictate.
The S6 control surface will be available worldwide in Q4 2013. As a modular system, S6 is available at a variety of prices, with M10 configurations starting at $21,995 USD and M40 configurations starting at $43,480 USD.
More information: Avid / S6 Control Surface
, Pulse Code
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2013
Pulse Code has announced the release of Modular, a modular synthesizer app for iOS.
Modular, the ultimate synthesizer that will revolutionize your sound.
Modular looks, acts, and sounds like a hardware modular synthesizer to give you features that musicians want such as pulse width modulation, oscillator sync, 4 pole ladder filters, and 1v/oct filter tracking. Traditional modular systems are expensive and out of reach for the average artist. Modular is here to bridge that gap and allow everyone the opportunity to use these powerful synthesizers.
What makes modular special is the audio and visual experience you have with it. The beautifully minimal menu systems and interface, and the ultra-realistic synthesizer graphics are just the beginning. The real beauty is not what you see, but what you hear. Pristine and punchy oscillators that sound great, even at the extreme ends of the frequency spectrum. It starts with band-limited oscillators. Not just traditional methods of band-limiting, but band-limiting that enables each note you play to have the maximum number of harmonics without distorting.
- High fidelity, virtual analog synthesis, using bandlimited oscillators and oversampled filters.
- Audiobus and background audio modes.
- CoreMIDI control with external devices or internal sequencers.
- Beautifully rendered graphics.
- Dynamic workspace with intuitive navigation.
- Optional modules available individually or as a Module Bundle.
- 10-octave keyboard with classically styled arpeggiator.
- Extensive in app help with detailed module descriptions and guides.
- Record and export live performance to Soundcloud, Audio Copy, email and iTunes file sharing.
The Modular app for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store. Modules are available as in-app purchases for $0.99 USD each or $4.99 USD for all modules currently available.
More information: Pulse Code / Modular
Point Blank Online has introduced a free Modular Synth plug-in for Max for Live by tutor Daniel Herbert.
The Point Blank modular synth is based on the legendary EMS VCS3. The VCS3 was built in London in the late ’60s and there were a number of subsequent models of varying sizes. It was a popular synth and used by the Radiophonic Workshop (the ring modulator was used to process the sound of the daleks) through to Pink Floyd.
It’s a great synth to generate sounds and jam around with and the interface was really well thought out, featuring an innovative matrix which is still a neat way to patch the different synth sections together. It features three oscillators, a noise generator, a ring modulator, a couple of filter sections, audio input, envelope generator, spring reverb and an assignable joystick control – if you really wanted you could even hook up a keyboard!
The Point Blank modular synth is a simpler interface, but still offers three oscillators and noise generator, a filter section, ring modulator and X/Y controller. Unlike the VCS3, it’s possible to store your settings, and trigger the sounds easily (and in tune!) from a MIDI source. We’ve also included a slide control to emulate the smooth sweeps you could sometimes achieve with the original synth.
The modular synth is a free download for Point Blank Facebook fans.
More information: Point Blank / Modular Synth
Sensomusic has released Update 6 of Usine Hollyhock, a software application dedicated to live music and real-time installations.
It’s not a traditional Digital Audio Workstation so, it has a very specific approach. Also it’s a modular environment, which means that, even if you can find many ready to use examples, the main goal is to create and customize your live set to fit it exactly to your needs.
Usine is different but finally you’ll realize that it is one of the most powerful audio software you can find.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.02.010
- New multi-channel Reverb module.
- New List Manager module.
- New File Lister module.
- Scan for plug-ins (AU and VST) faster and more efficient.
- 32bits floating point Multi-Channel Recording in the Direct to disk panel and the Sample player recorder.
- OSC (open sound control) optimization.
- Filter (LP, HP, BC, NOTCH) optimization.
- A vertical scrollbar in the Grid panel allows no an unlimited number of lines.
- Addons automatically downloaded and available in the Browser Panel.
- Various GUI Grid panel improvements.
- Better zoom command in the Sample player.
- New Current Workspace Settings module.
- Devices panel reset more efficients.
- Most of reported issues fixed.
- Check the release notes for details.
Usine Hollyhock is available to purchase for the launch price of 159 EUR (20% off regular).
More information: Sensomusic