Image-Line has announced the release of a public beta version of Minihost Modular, a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose.
As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities.
As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment.
Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The beta of Minihost Modular is available to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular
ADSR Sounds has introduced CV #1, the first pack in a series of MASCHINE Expansions made with and inspired by analog modular synthesizers.
This pack contains – 585 samples, 16 drum synth presets, 16 Maschine groups (kits), and 2 demo songs.
Beginning with content inspired by classic, quintessential, banana-cable West Coast synthesis, the CV #1 MASCHINE Expansion incorporates the sounds of complex waveforms, frequency modulation, and analog, phasing, un-quantized sequencers.
All of the raw samples found in this first CV MASCHINE Expansion were carefully recorded with a rare, early vintage Serge modular in California with very light processing (or no processing at all).
The Maschine expansion pack is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / CV #1 for Maschine
Arturia has introduced Spark 2, a new look, new feel version of the powerful software engine that drives its drum machine-redefining SPARK Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine hybrid hardware/software instruments.
Spark 2 comes with extended REX support.
With the timely introduction of SPARK 2, Arturia has given its beat creation software a new look, new feel, and a whole host of new features fit to make it the premier sound-sculpting and live performance drum machine on the market when perfectly paired with the SPARK Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine controllers. It’s a match made in hybrid heaven that’s more flexible than ever before!
While SPARK has always been built on a fully-modular VA (Virtual Analogue) sound engine, originally only developers had access to this wonderful-sounding rhythmical power source. Not now. With the all-new SPARK 2, users are free to add and subtract modules (including oscillators, multimode filters and Karplus-Strong filter, ADR envelopes, LFOs, mixers, ring modulator, Bode Frequency Shifter, spring mass, and CV processor); create their own patch routings; and assign up to six macro controls for immediate control. Clearly, it’s this truly modular, fully-accessible sound engine that makes SPARK 2 truly shine as the ultimate drum synthesizer!
Spark 2 features
- All new graphics: Tabbed pages, Expanded Pattern edit screen, New mixer, Enhanced Library page for better data management.
- Extended REX support: REX file playback per pad, Manipulation of REX File slices.
- Modular Drum synth editor: Create your own patches, Edit existing patches.
- Create custom instrument macro controls modules including: Oscillators, Multimode filters and Karplus strong filter, ADR envelopes, LFOs, Mixers, RingModulator, Bode Frequency Shifter, Spring mass, CV processor.
- Song mode: NEW 16 song segments, Song segment triggering from hardware.
Spark 2 will be available to download for existing Spark and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine users in March, 2014.
Spark Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine can be purchased for $399 USD/399 EUR and $299 USD/249 EUR respectively.
More information: Arturia / Spark 2
KarmaFX has released version 1.17 of its KarmaFX Synth Modular virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
KarmaFX Synth Modular is an advanced and highly flexible Simulated Analog Modular Synthesizer and Effect Unit.
Its amazing visual- and highly intuitive user interface lets you modulate just about any knob or slider by any control signal – making the soundscape possibilities almost endless.
Changes in Synth Modular v1.17
- Added 64 bit support to PC/Windows.
- Added 64 bit support to Mac/OSX.
- Added some missing extra user patch banks to the registered Mac installer. (Thanks Geoff)
- KarmaFX Synth Modular demo updated. Extended timeout.
KarmaFX Synth Modular for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 76 EUR + VAT / $112 USD.
More information: KarmaFX
The Sound Guy, Inc. has announced the release of a 64-bit upgrade of its SFX Machine Pro software for Mac that lets you create your own effects from scratch.
SFX Machine, a flexible multi-effects and sound design tool, will now work with 64-bit VST and Audio Unit host programs. A 64-bit VST version is also already available for Windows.
SFX Machine Pro provides quick and easy access to hundreds of audio effects, from the conventional to the bizarre.
SFX Machine Pro features
- A modular synthesis preset editor.
- Host tempo sync.
- MIDI automation.
- Randomize function.
- Output limiter.
- Over 300 effects.
SFX Machine Pro is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: The Sound Guy / SFX Machine Pro
Related: audio interface
, Expert Sleepers
Posted in news
on Jan 21, 2014
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of three new Eurorack synth modules.
The Expert Sleepers range of modules (including the ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface, offering ADAT connectivity instead of the ES-40′s S/PDIF) offers a highly configurable range of computer/synthesizer interfacing solutions, supported not only by Expert Sleepers own Silent Way software but increasingly used in conjunction with e.g. Max/MSP or NI’s Reaktor.
Because the modules connect over an audio interface, rather than say USB or Ethernet, they are able to offer rock solid timing and deep integration with standard audio environments.
New Expert Sleepers Eurorack modules
- The ES-40 SPDIF Interface (£94.80) converts a standard S/PDIF input to five channels of expansion headers, which are used in conjunction with the Expert Sleepers ESX range of expanders.
- The ESX-8CV CV Expander (£130.80) is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5, adding eight CV outputs from one expansion header.
- The ESX-8GT mk2 Gate Expander (£54) is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5, adding 8 on/off outputs for use as gates, triggers, clocks etc. from one expansion header.
All modules are available to purchase immediately.
More information: Expert Sleepers
Abeem Live Technologies has announced the release of Rack Performer 1.0, a pro-audio software for live performance, sound design and real-time audio processing.
Rack Performer is a high-level modular environment hosting VST plugins and internal modules (over 100 and counting), with MIDI support, multi-channel audio I/O and internal processing, complete automatic patch-delay compensation, sample accurate sequencing, low jitter and latency.
As a platform dedicated to stage performance, Rack Performer helps the live musician at every step from the rehearsal to the concert.
Rack Performer features
- High-level modular host.
- Over 100 internal modules.
- VST plugins support.
- Scene Snapshots.
- Virtual Screens.
- Low jitter sample-accurate sequencing engine.
- Multichannel audio processing.
- Multichannel HD recording.
- Dedicated audio monitoring.
- Audio: up to to 32 inputs and up to 32 outputs, full-duplex.
- MIDI: up to 128 inputs and up to 128 outputs + routing.
- MIDI Clock / MTC / MMC / MSC external sync.
Rack Performer for Windows is available to purchase for 139 EUR (single user license).
More information: Live Factory / Rack Performer
Spektro Audio has introduced the CV Toolkit, a software application for sending CV signals.
CV Toolkit is a standalone application for both Mac and PC that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s module.
The 1.0 version ships with 13 virtual modules that offer different modulation options such as LFO, sequencer, envelope generators, etc.
You can route the output of any of any module to analog outputs, analyzers (LED / Oscilloscope) or even to the input of certain modules (S&H / Biased Switcher / Slew).
CV Toolkit features
- Standalone application – doesn’t require any additional software.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from you iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix – route signals.
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation.
- Biased Switcher – let the program flip a coin and decide how it’s inputs will flow.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer.
- MIDI In / Out.
- Works on both Mac and PC.
- 64-bit application.
- Clean and simple interface.
- Save and recall patches.
CV Toolkit is available to purchase for the introductory price of $14.99 USD (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit