Sony Creative Software has launched version 2.0 of its Sound Forge Pro audio editing software for Mac.
Generate flawless audio files with Sound Forge™ Pro Mac. New features include in-depth metering utilities, top-tier vocal processing, and the freestanding Convrt™ Batch Processing Automation Tool.
Seamless integration with SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 provides the finishing touch, delivering the ultimate in waveform and spectral editing program integration. Employ Sound Forge Pro Mac in your studio workstream and open smooth new pathways to audio excellence in OS X.
Changes in Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0
- Convert Batch Processing Automation Tool. A freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Convrt can handle repetitive chores in the background while recording and editing audio in the Sound Forge Pro Mac workspace.
- Interoperability with SpectraLayers Pro 2.1. Transfer audio data between Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro and experience the thrill of working freely across the world’s premiere waveform and spectral editing applications.
- iZotope Nectar Elements. The included Nectar Elements plug-in makes vocal treatment a snap. Get great results quickly by loading one of Nectar’s professionally designed Style presets and then customizing your sound by adjusting dedicated controls.
- Loudness Meters. Win the volume war with new metering options. EBU R128/CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Event Mode Improvements. Convert regions to events, lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events, and automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
- FLAC file format support. Generate files in this popular lossless format that features space-saving compression and comprehensive metadata-handling capabilities.
- Auto Trim/Crop tool. Automatically remove unnecessary silence in a sound file while fading the edges of program segments in and out with user-controlled fade lengths.
Sony has also updated its SpectraLayers Pro software application for audio spectrum editing to version 2.1.
The SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 update features seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro Mac 2, an efficient reverb removal process, an improved noise reduction algorithm, expanded noise removal process options, and user interface improvements that make this update a must have.
Take advantage of the power of SpectraLayers Pro and enjoy full integration with the entire Sound Forge Pro line on both Mac and PC platforms.
Sound Forge Pro 2 for Mac is available to purchase for $299.95 USD; SpectraLayers Pro costs $399.95 USD. Both are bundled in the Audio Master Suite for $499.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software
u-he has released a new public beta version of the Satin tape machine effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Here’s a new version of Satin 1.1.1 (might become Satin 1.2):
Satin rev 2033 Win
Satin rev 2033 Mac
Apart from the good points we had in build 1973 (faster loading, less RAM, less CPU/denormals etc. etc.) this one
- fixes possible crash bug in VST3 (Wavelab)
- fixes possible crash bug in Group Controller
- fixes problem with hosts picky about channel layouts
- more fixes of little issues and niggles
Visit the u-he forum at KVR Audio for more details and make sure to let the u-he team know if you experience any issues.
More information: u-he / Satin
Soundness has launched SoundSoap 3, the noise reduction software previously sold by BIAS.
SoundSoap 3 solves audio noise problems like unwanted hiss and background noises, clicks, pops, crackles, electrical hum, and rumble. SoundSoap is used by hundreds of thousands of consumers and professionals worldwide to create stunning audio for their video and audio projects.
This new version of the venerable SoundSoap software adds new features, a new user interface, and 64-bit compatibility.
Changes in SoundSoap 3
- Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.
- New user interface, including an improved high-resolution Wash Window.
- Improved Learn Noise feature that allows learning from any length portion of the media, for as long as the Learn Noise button is pressed. Earlier versions of SoundSoap required 2-3 seconds of isolated material to use the Learn Noise feature.
- The standalone SoundSoap 3 application now features audio recording.
- After media files have been cleaned with SoundSoap, they can now be shared with one click directly to Facebook, Email, Messaging, AirDrop, and more.
SoundSoap 3 for Mac (Standalone/AU/VST) is available to purchase for $149 USD. Previous owners of BIAS SoundSoap can upgrade to SoundSoap 3 for $49 USD.
More information: Soundness
u-he has released public beta revision 1973 of its Satin tape machine effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Users familiar with analogue recording gear should instantly feel at home with Satin, and digital afficionados will also learn to love the magic of tape – Satin invites you to explore and find out for yourself.
Changes in Satin rev1973
- Ultra-fast gui loading (we hope).
- Denormals fixed on AAX.
- Fixed CPU spikes on playback start.
- Fixed too much RAM use.
- No more excessive dynamic latency reporting.
- Shift-mousewheel works on AU as well now.
The public beta is available to download for Windows and Mac from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he / Satin
u-he has released version 1.1 of the Satin tape machine/delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
We took a journey back to the Golden Age of magnetic tape recording. We wanted to recreate all kinds of tape machines in software, from the ground up. After many months spent on research, measurement and on developing an architecture that would be flexible enough for the job, we knew we had nailed it…
But we couldn’t stop there: We added the old noise-reduction systems that were often (mis)used for timbral compression effects. Then more heads and a global feedback path, which made an uber-tape-delay and realistic ‘one-shot’ tape flanging possible.
Changes in Satin v1.1
- Added lower hiss levels and auto mute.
- Fixed buffersize bug in delay feedback.
- Added lower tape speeds.
- Various little bugs fixed.
Satin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD.
More information: u-he / Satin
u-he has announced the release of its Satin Tape Machine effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Apart from delivering authentic tape machine effects, Satin is capable of much more ‘left-field” tape sound processing (including tape flanging and multi-tap delay).
With its three operation modes, SATIN is an all-rounder: Studio mode is predestined for multichannel tape saturation effects, all optionally controlled from a single instance. Delay mode offers complex multitap tape delays, and Flange does true through-zero tape flanging (think Small Faces “Itchycoo Park” or Hendrix “Bold as Love”). In all modes, the tape speed is continuously variable from 7.5 to 30 inches per second.
While aiming for a complete simulation of classic tape machines, u-he also decided to include the noise reduction circuits. This is not spurious whimsy: the classic compander models can be used for decoding old tape recordings, or for dynamic processing and colouration effects such as – a known trick amongst seasoned tape-ops – enhancing background vocals and e.g. acoustic guitars.
- Mix-and-match emulation spans all major historical developments in tape technology.
- Control multiple instances from one panel – ‘glue’ multiple tracks together.
- High-quality: internal sample rate up to 384kHz, continuous tape speed control.
- All the ‘goodness’ of tape (saturation, transient-smoothing, HF compression etc.).
- Full control over the ‘badness’ (head-bump, wow&flutter, asperity noise, hiss etc.).
- Record / repro EQ standards (separately selectable), classic NR compander standards.
- Extra FX modes: through-zero tape flanging, host-synchronizable 4-tap stereo delay.
Satin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $129 USD. AAX is in development.
More information: u-he / Satin
ToneBoosters has released version 2.9.1 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Our audio plugins are based on more than a decade of scientific research and product development in the areas of digital signal processing and auditory perception.
Changes in version 2.9.1
- All plugins
- Improved key press handling when plugins are in and out of focus.
- Improved stability on OSX.
- TB ReelBus
- New tape model (Glue tape II).
- New control for adjustable low/high frequency pre-post emphasis.
- New control for adjustable mid/side pre-post emphasis.
- New tape stop simulation feature.
- New noise reduction simulation.
- Various quality improvements.
- “Normal” (low CPU) and “High Quality” modes available to reduce the CPU load by almost a factor of 3 (depending on platform).
The new downloads are now available.
More information: ToneBoosters
, effect plugins
, group buy
, noise reduction
, VST. modulation
Posted in news
on Jul 04, 2013
Voxengo’s automated system has launched group buys for its BMS, Deconvolver, HarmoniEQ, LF Max Punch, Redunoise and Vintage Modulator effect plug-ins.
Save up to 50% off the HarmoniEQ equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Group Buys
- BMS bass management system—BMS is able to extract and manipulate low-frequency content of non-LFE channels in up to 7.1 surround configurations.
- Deconvolver impulse response deconvolution tool—Supports almost all sample formats (bit-depths) of uncompressed mono/stereo WAV files and offers a very convenient environment in which to deconvolve large sets of recorded files. Voxengo Deconvolver also offers a true mathematical FFT deconvolution which delivers 100% exact deconvolution.
- HarmoniEQ parametric, harmonically-enhanced equalizer—Harmonic enhancement HarmoniEQ applies to the sound is an inherent element of its overall sonic quality. HarmoniEQ also features dynamic equalization modes that offer you a vast palette of sound-shaping capabilities, suitable for mastering.
- LF Max Punch low-frequency audio band enhancer—LF Max Punch provides a low-frequency effect specially designed for serious contemporary music producers offering them a convenient tool for applying a smooth punch and oomph to audio tracks and sounds.
- Redunoise high resolution audio noise reduction system—It delivers an unprecedented quality and offers the most comprehensive control.
- Vintage Modulator stereo modulation effect—Features 8 operators (4 for each output channel) with carefully designed modulation capabilities. This allows Vintage Modulator to create huge and convincing chorus, phaser and flanger modulation effects applicable to almost any program material imaginable: vocals, guitars, synth instruments and others.
The group buy voting stage ends July 19th, 2013 (or earlier when 50% discount level is reached).
More information: Voxengo / Group Buys