Little Endian has announced the release of the SpectrumWorx™ Pitch Shifter SDK for iOS, Mac OS X and Windows.
The SDK will enable software developers to easily and efficiently add pitch shifting capability to their iOS, Mac and Windows apps.
“We are extremely happy to be able to provide our customers with very affordable pitch shifting solution for which we had such a high demand,” said Danijel Domazet, CEO at Little Endian. “Developers are going to be thrilled with simple and efficient C++ API that will enable them to easily implement this very popular feature in their iPhone and iPad, as well as Mac and Windows apps.”
SpectrumWorx™ Pitch Shifter SDK has a small footprint, high performance and low memory usage. The SDK is available for evaluation and purchase immediately via Little Endain’s Developers web page (littleendian.com\developers).
SpectrumWorx™ Pitch Shifter SDK features
- Sophisticated engine optimized for low CPU and memory usage.
- Simple and efficient pitch shifting algorithm.
- Detailed documentation.
More information: Little Endian
Loomer has updated its Shift diatonic granular pitch shifting delay effect to version 2.2.3.
Shift combines an intuitive and beautiful user interface, with a great sounding granular synthesis engine. Shift’s flexibility allows a palette of timbres ranging from basic echo effects, through intelligent harmonies, to exotic evolving ambient soundscapes.
Changes in Shift v2.2.3
- Fixed incredibly rare crash which may occur when first opening the plug-in on certain 32-bit VST Windows hosts.
- Massively improved speed and responsiveness of all UI controls.
- Improved CPU usage when tweaking parameters from a hardware controller.
- Standalone versions now support multiple simultaneous hardware controllers.
- For the Windows VST plug-in, when using a relative path for the presets folder, the path is now relative to the DLL, not the host.
- MIDI Program Changes are now multi-threaded, and so will no longer potentially stall the audio synthesis.
- Preset searches are now multi-threaded. Preset browser can now immediately respond to user interaction, even whilst searching a massive preset library, or when browsing a folder containing a large
number of presets.
Shift for Windows, Mac and Linux (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone) is available to purchase for £45 GBP + VAT.
More information: Loomer / Shift
Celemony has announced the availability of Melodyne editor Version 2.
New features include extended timing tools, wide-ranging functions for working with scales, plus Rewire, keyboard shortcuts in the plug-in, and numerous other improvements.
With Version 2, Melodyne editor has become still more musical, capable of editing in still greater depth, and even more widely compatible.
Changes in Melodyne editor 2.0
- Extended timing tools: With the Attack Speed tool, you can edit the transients that are of crucial importance to the sound – even for each note individually: an important creative tool not only for percussive sounds. In addition, the new Time Handles allow you to shape even the time course within notes, which, for example, makes even more detailed editing of vocal phrasing possible.
- True Scale & Tuning: The new scale functions now permit even the editing of Arabic, Indian, contemporary and microtonal music with Melodyne. Countless scales, temperaments and tunings can be loaded, edited in detail or created from scratch. The highlight is the Scale Detective, which is capable of analyzing any piece of music or sample so that even users with no detailed knowledge can transfer the scale and tuning of one recording to another.
- Rewire support: Melodyne should be of use to as many producers as possible – regardless of which DAW they work with. For this reason, Melodyne editor now also supports Rewire and therefore allows operation with DAWs that have no plug-in interfaces or were previously incompatible with Melodyne.
- Greater transparency and ease of use through features like keyboard shortcuts in plug-in mode, highlighting of blobs as they play back, and an improved display of the time and pitch grids.
Melodyne editor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone) is available to purchase for 399 USD/EUR. The update from Melodyne editor 1 is 99 USD/EUR. The update is free for users who registered Melodyne editor for the first time after October 1, 2011.
More information: Celemony / Melodyne editor
AfroDJMac has announced the Paul Stretch Rack, a new release in a series of free Ableton Live Racks.
This week’s Free Weekly Ableton Live Rack is being released in conjunction with SonicScoop.
I have been writing a column for them in which I go over some useful production techniques, my last one was about creative uses of side chaining, and this time I go through how I like to use an awesome piece of free software called Paul Stretch. Paul Stretch allows you to stretch audio into unimaginably long lengths. Check out the article, complete with a tutorial video, at Sonic Scoop and download the instrument rack below! Have fun and enjoy!
The Paul Stretch Rack is a free download at AfroDJMac.
More information: AfroDJMac
Samplecraze has announced the release of Pitch Manipulation, the latest addition in the production video tutorial series.
The subject of pitch, what it is, how to define it and how to reference it has been a bit of a ‘dark’ subject for some as it entials understanding certain physical processes and that comes with the maths.
I have tried to keep this video simple yet informative with emphasis on using real life examples both visually and aurally with before and after projects.
The video is over 50 minutes long and is staggered in stages, so that the more experienced can skip to the relevant section.
Where relevant I have tried to provide as much information as possible so that you can experiment using the same settings and processes. Using popular software like Propellerheads Recycle, Antares Autotune, Cubase as the DAW, Voxengo Span and Sound Forge I am hoping that the priciples and techniques will translate across to your system.
This video covers all aspects of pitch manipulation using the most popular softwares like Autotune, Recycle, Span, Cubase and Sound Forge.
The Pitch Manipulation tutorial video is available to purchase for £4.99 GBP.
More information: Samplecraze / Pitch Manipulation
VirSyn has updated KLON, the vocal designer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The heart of the vocal designer plugin KLON is a harmonic pitch shifter for natural pitch and formant manipulation of vocal sounds in realtime.
KLON takes your voice and adds up to 16 different copies of your voice in realtime. This lays the ground for an impressive amount of applications like:
- Choir generator
- Voice doubler
- Change voice’s gender
- Pitch corrector
- Extreme voice manipulation
New in KLON v1.1
- VST3 / VST2.4: 64-bit version for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- VST3: AI Knob Interface integrated.
- and many bugfixes.
KLON is available to purchase for the introductory price fo 99 EUR until December 31st, 2011. The upgrade to KLON v1.1 is free of charge for users of KLON.
More information: VirSyn / KLON