Positive Grid has launched a Summer Sale, offering up to 75% off the JamUp multi-effects and BIAS amp designer apps.
A vast array of popular guitar stompboxes and effects, as well as vintage and modern amps were never so affordable. For a very limited time, Positive Grid (www.positivegrid.com) is offering guitar and bass players a 75% special discount for both their JamUp Pro multi-effects and BIAS amp modeling iOS apps, available for download in the iTunes App Store. But that’s not all: all in-app purchases -all amps, effects, and bundles- are 50% off regular price.
JamUp is a complete powerhouse multi-effects processor for guitar and bass. It offers over 100 amps and effects, GarageBand integration, looper, iTunes player with tempo/pitch control, built-in tuner and metronome, live-view, preset manager, MIDI support and more.
BIAS is an amp designer, modeler and processor that includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Users can modify these amps and virtually build their custom amps by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create their own distinctive signature sound. Users can also upload their amp creations to ToneCloud, BIAS’ own amp-sharing platform, to share their custom presets with other users.
More information: Positive Grid
Positive Grid has released version 1.5 of BIAS, a custom app modeler app for iPad.
Insane is one of the new expansion packs for Positive Grid’s BIAS app.
Positive Grid expands the popular custom amp modeler with three new dedicated expansion packs: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Guitarists and bassists will now be able to add further customization to their BIAS preamp, power amp, and cabinet modules by tone styles: from glassy clean tone, to classic british crunch, to insanely saturated distortion.
BIAS includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Now, along with the new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane packs, BIAS also includes a new easy-to-use 8-band EQ with the purchase of any pack, as well as a new BIAS store and better JamUp integration –another Positive Grid app consisting of several multi effect stompboxes-. As always, user can share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
BIAS for iPad is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The new in-app expansion packs are $9.99 USD each.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Positive Grid has introduced BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar-amp designer and modeler plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Available in VST, Audio Units, RTAS and AAX formats, BIAS Desktop features the most realistic modeler engine, Amp Matching (a pioneering first for DAW plug-ins), BIAS Expansion Packs and the ToneCloud preset-sharing platform. Amp Matching analyzes any live or recorded guitar tone and exactly recreates it within BIAS Desktop.
BIAS Desktop features
- BIAS — BIAS is an amp designer, modeler and processor that includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Users can modify these amps and virtually build their custom amps by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create their own distinctive signature sound. Users can also upload their amp creations to ToneCloud, BIAS’ own amp-sharing platform, to share their custom presets with other users.
- Amp Matching — Amp Matching allows musicians to instantly replicate any real amp tone in the world, right in their Mac or PC. Simply input signal from a miked amp or pre-recorded guitar track, and BIAS Desktop will invisibly insert additional processing into the signal path to make your current amp precisely match the tone of the inputted guitar signal. No other plug-in can do this. Once the tone is captured and replicated, the user can save it as a custom preset and share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
- Standard, Glassy, Crunch, and Insane — In addition to the industry-acclaimed BIAS Standard control modules, BIAS Desktop includes three new dedicated preamp and power amp modules optimized for various playing styles and tone: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Inside these new BIAS Expansion Pack modules, the controls for each preamp, power amp, cabinet and EQ module are tailored specifically to these three fresh styles, providing users with even more precise amp customization.
- ToneCloud — ToneCloud is a proprietary social-networking platform that allows musicians to create, share and download over 10,000 custom BIAS amps, including those created and uploaded by signature recording artists. With BIAS Desktop, guitarists can share every possible amp tone, including those created using the new BIAS Expansion Packs and Matched Amps.
BIAS Desktop is schedule for release in Q3 2014. Positive Grid currently invites experienced and talented individuals to join them in shaping this project and give early feedback prior to the product’s release.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS Desktop
Positive Grid has announced an update to JamUp, its flagship guitar and bass multi-effects app for iOS.
New JamUp includes an Acoustic Simulator that turns any electric guitar into realistic acoustic tone, featuring Acoustic Imaging, Acoustic Pro Simulator, Acoustic EQ and Acoustic Reverb.
New JamUp includes three new Expansion Packs: Vintage Effects, Acoustic Pro, and Gurus Amps®, built-in BIAS integration with free factory amp, new designed graphic interface, comprehensive preset manager, and new JamUp Store.
New JamUp represents the best solution for the mobile musicians. In conjunction with a high quality guitar interface for iOS the iPad or iPhone, it delivers anything a guitar or bass player could dream of in terms of an incredible selection of amp tones, effects and programmability for any situations: rehearsing at home, backstage, recording and live performance.
“New JamUp is the celebration of three years since the original JamUp hit the market, so we created a full blown new version”, said Jaime Ruchman, Marketing Manager at Positive Grid. “Musicians can now revive the classic tone and feel of vintage amps and effects, and this time we were able to collaborate with Gurus Amps to create unique sounding amp tones. New JamUp proves how easy, professional, and fun it can be when integrated as an endless platform”.
Changes in JamUp
- Vintage Effects Expansion Pack — Features 8 most vaunted and valuable guitar effects revisiting the times when the modern guitar tone was born, whether for innovation, inspiration, sound, sheer popularity, or all of the above, each unit can make the perfect cut! The included models are based on: *Dallas Rangemaster® Treble Booster, *Electro Harmonix® Small Clone, Big Muff, Knockout Attack EQ, *Boss® DM-2 Analog Delay, *Voodoo Labs® Vibe, *Fulltone® OCD Overdrive and *Demeter Tremulator Tremolo.
- Introducing the unique acoustic imaging technology: Acoustic Expansion Pack — Featuring Positive Grid’s acoustic imaging technology that restores a studio-miked sound to a undersaddle or soundhole pickup. This is the complete acoustic tone solution for both acoustic and electric guitar players. It comes with the new and premium Acoustic Simulator that any electric guitar into realistic acoustic tone. The included models are: Acoustic Imaging, Acoustic Pro Simulator, Acoustic EQ and Acoustic Reverb.
- Gurus Amp Expansion Pack — Positive Grid partnered with Cicognani Engineering who developed 3 extremely powerful Amps. The Guru Amps Models provide all the juice needed to fuel the guitar tone with sweet’n’deep crunch styled sound. All from a light squeeze of overdrive to full on classic distortion and everything in between. The included amp models are based on Gurus Naked amplifier’s Sexy Channel, Crunch Channel and Lead Channel. We choose to collaborate with Gurus Amps because this Italian company made the World first Tube Amplifiers specifically designed for live use of external digital devices running emulation software. Thanks to their innovative iChannel®, Gurus Amps can express the best of both worlds, analog and digital together.
- BIAS Custom Amp — JamUp now comes with free Positive Grid’s BIAS amp; users can taste the powerful BIAS tone inside JamUp and go deeply into full customization with the optional BIAS-app on iPhone and iPad, bringing the amp modeling world to a whole new level.
- New graphics, preset manager, Dropbox support and more — The redesigned graphical interface makes JamUp look even better. JamUp adds a useful and intuitive preset manager to order, edit and delete presets, and users can now backup presets via Dropbox.
The update is available for both JamUp XT (free) and JamUp Pro XT ($19.99 USD) from the iTunes App Store. Both apps offer the same sound engine, and both are compatible with the JamUp Plug ($19.99 USD), JamUp Plug HD ($99.99 USD) and most iOS guitar audio interfaces.
More information: Positive Grid / JamUp
Positive Grid has announced the release of Final Touch – Complete Mastering System for iPad, a suite that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
The Final Touch app offers the highest mastering control, precision and flexibility possible on an iPad.
“Final Touch allows musicians, producers and engineers to master audio recording with the industry’s standards: maximizer, pre and post equalizer, multiband dynamics, stereo imaging, reverb and dithering controls are all just one finger tap away”, says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And now they will be able to continue their mastering sessions literally anywhere, with the same sound quality as a top notch professional mastering studio, enhancing productivity to its maximum.”
Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system, the Pre and Post linear phase EQ modules consist of eight independent bands, each providing a choice of five different types of parametric filters: Hi-Pass, Low-Shelf, Peak, Hi-Shelf and Low-Pass. The Dynamics module offer highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter. The Stereo Imaging module adjusts the width of your mix, corrects L/R channel imbalances and checks mono compatibility. The Reverb module offers flattering room, hall and plate algorithms to sweeten overly dry mixes, providing continuously variable controls for independently adjusting Pre-Delay, Decay Time, Early Reflections and Room Size. The Maximizer module limits peaks and raises the average level of your mix, thereby increasing loudness. Comprehensive dither and noise-shaping options are also provided in this module.
Once your master is perfectly dialed, a couple taps are all it takes to share it via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
Final Touch features
- Complete professional mastering system powered by Positive Grid’s high-end signal-processing algorithms.
- Linear Phase Pre and Post Equalizers, each offering eight bands and five filter types.
- Multiband Dynamics with four independent bands of compression/limiting.
- Stereo Imager adjusts the width and balance of your mix’s soundstage.
- Reverb provides state-of-the-art Room, Hall and Plate algorithms.
- Maximizer transparently limits peaks to make your mix louder.
- Dithering and Noise-Shaping preserves your mix’s depth and nuance.
- Stereo and mid-side processing.
- High-resolution, multi-colored metering with accurate readouts.
- Each module can be independently bypassed.
- Bypass switches for individual EQ bands.
- Left, right, mid and side channels can be independently soloed or bypassed.
- Waveform overview of your mix, with draggable playback cursor.
- 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets.
- Global and module-based presets.
- Drag and drop modules to rearrange their order in the signal path.
- Pristine, high-resolution sound (double-precision, 64-bit calculation).
- Unmatched audio-data integrity: no rounding or truncation except when calculations are performed.
- Share via Email, Dropbox, iTunes, SoundCloud and FTP.
- Streamlined project management: browse multiple projects with one simple tap.
- Workflow optimized for mobile and desktop data transfers.
- Supports Inter App Audio and Audiobus routing system (works with many other audio apps).
- Supports iPad 2, iPad mini and newer iPad devices.
- Designed for iOS 7.
Final Touch for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / Final Touch
Positive Grid has announced the launch of its Custom Amp Competition, a chance to win an iPad Air.
Positive Grid announces the first amp creation competition as a celebration of their over 1 million ToneCloud views for its BIAS amp designer app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Simply by submitting a short video demoing your custom BIAS amp between March 18 and April 18 you can win an iPad Air + $25 iTunes Cards!
Positive Grid will select the best tones and will pick one winner for the iPad Air and four winners for the iTunes Gift Cards. Winners will be announced on April 23rd on Positive Grid’s Facebook wall.
More information: Positive Grid / Custom Amp Competition
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad.
The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number of sonic improvements over its initial iPad version debut, as well as the addition of ToneCloud, the industry’s first cloud-based amp sharing social platform. With BIAS for iPhone, users are able to create and share their own custom amp creations with fellow musicians as well as download, like and comment on the creations of others.
“With this new version of BIAS, musicians can own, design and share an infinite collection of highly realistic sounding amps right in their iPhones,” says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And we know that a lot of them want to rock the stage with BIAS, so, with our upcoming BT-4 Bluetooth controller rounding out the complete product ecosystem, they’ll be ready to live the whole BIAS experience anywhere.”
BIAS for iPhone features
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- ToneCloud amp sharing platform.
- Designed for iOS7.
- Compatible with iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4s or superior.
BIAS for iPhone and iPod touch is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD). Designed for iOS7, the app requires an iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4s (or newer) to operate.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS