Future Loops has announced the release of Mosh – Punk Drums, a collection of Punk Drum Loops & Fills.
“Mosh – Punk Drums” includes high-energy drum patterns that were specially recorded for Punk but also fit Rock, Alternative and any track that needs intense and striking rhythms.
The Drum Loops and Fills in “Mosh – Punk Drums” are at the 170BPM tempo and are suitable for the various parts of a track: from Intros and Verses to Transitions, Breakdowns or Endings.
This sample library features over 500 Loops and is available in WAV & REX format.
The sample library costs 29.95 EUR.
More information: Future Loops / Mosh – Punk Drums
Future Loops has released Mosh – Punk Guitar Riffs, a collection of over 400 Punk guitar loops.
Mosh – Punk Guitar Riffs was built to fit Punk, Rock, Alternative Rock tracks and any production style that can benefit from distorted guitar sounds.
All guitar loops in Mosh – Punk Guitar Riffs were recorded live at 170 BPM and are divided into chords (power chords and rhythmical patterns) and Leads (melodic lines and solos).
Since the guitars are offered in both its Amp and DI versions, Mosh – Punk Guitar Riffs features over 1000 samples in WAV & REX format.
Mosh – Punk Guitar Riffs is available to purchase for 29.95 EUR.
More information: Future Loops / Mosh – Punk Guitar Riffs
Ueberschall has announced the release of Punk Rock, the first part of the new „Rehearsal Tape Series“.
This new series catches the authentic rehearsal room feeling. Live recorded Tracks, rough, dirty & raw.
This is not the polished music you might be used to hear from studio recordings. Feel the unleashed dynamics of jam sessions. All songs are recorded as multitracks and in one single take.
Punk Rock features
- 1.5 GB, 10 Punk Rock Kits, 610 Loops.
- Each instrument is available as single track: Drum Mix, Bassdrum, Snaredrum, HiHat, Tom, Cymbals, Drum Set Overhead, Bass, Guitar.
- For fast prelistening choose the complete mix or the backing of the construction kit. The tempo of the kits is between 136 and 185 BPM. The single loops are 2, 4 or 8 bars long.
- Elastik Soundbank for Mac/PC/AU/VST/RTAS/StandAlone, Elastik Player included (no sampler required).
Punk Rock is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Ueberschall / Punk Rock
Silicon Beats has released Punk Drums V2, a collection of drum loops for punk music.
The hotly anticipated sequel to Punk Drum Loops V1 brings you even more intense testosterone fueled Punk rock grooves.
With a stronger emphasis on double time grooves, tom tom rhythms and even some subtle side stick grooves for breakdowns, Punk Drum Loops V2 provides the finesse and flair that could take your punk rock drum tracks to the next level.
Drawing influence from icons of Punk like the Sex Pistols, Dropkick Murphys and Dead Kennedys this drum loop pack has all of the essential grooves your going to need to build your own killer punk tracks.
Punk Drums V2 is available to purchase for $79.95 USD.
More information: Silicon Beats / Punk Drums V2
Silicon Beats has released Punk Drums V1, a collection of punk drum loops.
Fast and hard! That’s how you want your punk drum loops. Sweat dripping, blood pumping and ready to explode with pure punk adrenaline. Punk Drum Loops V1 is your essential song writing companion for punk and punk metal. We loaded up on the Sex pistols, Dropkick Murphys and Dead Kennedys then tuned a Yamaha Stage Custom kit to ‘ear splitting’ and laid down some killer drum tracks.
Why bother micing up that kit when we’ve already done the hard work for you. During the mixing of these intense drum loops we laid down lots of guitar and bass tracks so that we could test out the tone of the kit when mixed with heavy guitars and bass. You’ll hear from the demo above that we nailed it.
We’ve covered the essential drum grooves your going to need in 3 different tempos. Starting at 128 bpm for your pop style of punk and then moving up to 150 bpm and finally 170 bpm with plenty of double time and half time grooves for a much heavier punk vibe.
The Punk Drums sample pack is available to purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Silicon Beats / Punk Drums V1
Tek’it Audio has released version 1.1 of APC, a virtual re-creation of a popular DIY circuit the Atari Punk Console.
“APC VSTi” is a square wave synthesizer that creates “low-fi” sound, re-creation of a popular DIY circuit the Atari Punk Console.
This update comes with four new user mods like an LFO or a lowpass filter and some rework on the GUI giving it a more realistic feel.
Changes in APC v1.1
- Added BitGlitch Mod.
- Added LowPass filter Mod.
- Added “Bloop” LFO Mod.
- Added Atomic Filter Mod.
- Optimization on various parts.
- Reworked some elements on the GUI.
- GUI new Mods preference menu.
- GUI corrected some Hint texts.
- Added new presets.
- DEMO Updated nagscreen.
- DEMO replaced noise system by audio breaks system.
- Setup updated and new languages added.
- Updated the user manual.
APC for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for €10 EUR/$15 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / APC
Loopmasters has released How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live, a video tutorial series by Sonic Academy.
Using Ableton Live, we show you how to make sounds and tracks in a style similar to acts such as The Prodigy. This series of nine video tutorials, covers everything you need to know to start cranking out the bass heavy, electro breaks tunes!
How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live features
- Introduction – Phil Johnston introduces his creation for this ‘How to Sound Like’ tutorial.
- Tutorial 1 – Drums – In this module, Phil takes us through loading the drums into the impulse drum machine.
- Tutorial 2 – Bass – Calling on the old fav the Sylenth, we programme in the dirtiest bass we can.
- Tutorial 3 – Lead – Distortion, acid, we got it all here for the lead sound.
- Tutorial 4 – Drum Fills – Loading a fill sample and slicing, dicing and chopping to create the fill we want.
- Tutorial 5 – Breakdown – Glow sticks set to stun, time to insert the Ravey stab.
- Tutorial 6 – Vocals – A London accent is essential, and a big fat distortion for that all important vocal.
- Tutorial 7 – Lead 2 – Get that resonator working baby, for the second lead sound.
- Tutorial 8 – Arrangement – Build the basic arrangement using scenes within Ableton, then move onto to tweek further in arrange mode.
How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live (requires Ableton Live 8) is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live