New Atlantis Audio has announced the release of MD16, an Elektron Machinedrum ReFill for the Kong drum designer instrument in Propellerhead’s Reason.
Powered by 200 samples captured at 24 bit with custom multiple velocity layers directly through a Prism signal chain – MD16 puts the one-of-a-kind sound of the Elektron Monomachine in your rack and at your fingertips. Mix, match and tweak between 100 Kong .drum patches to create endless Kong kits of your own.
Folks who purchase MD16 can create a short demo track and send it to us on Soundcloud. Our favorites will become the official audio demos for the product, with credit and links to your music on our site, plus your choice of two free New Atlantis Audio ReFills!
The ReFill is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: New Atlantis Audio / MD16
ModeAudio has released Dream Patterns, a collection of House presets for the Thor synthesizer in Propellerhead’s Reason.
Packed with a huge variety of colourful sounds, Dream Patterns – Thor House Presets takes you from smooth, buttery basslines and rhythmic afterglow chords to shimmering pads and vibrant leads. The full spectrum of contemporary House music is represented in this collection, to suit anything from blissed-out Downtempo and Chillwave to the slickest Minimal and most vital EDM.
We’ve made full use of Reason’s powerful Thor synthesiser to bring you expert sounds made using all of the synthesis techniques Thor provides, with unique combinations and futuristic sound design to boot. All of Thor’s macro controls are assigned for fast access to the most interesting parameters. There are also 10 bespoke Combinator patches with layered sounds and judicious effects processing to ramp up the possibilities even further. 45 MIDI loops are also included so that you can get started straight away.
The presets pack is available to purchase for £15 GBP.
More information: ModeAudio / Dream Patterns
Binary Music has announced that it is now supporting Reason’s NN-XT sampler with the release of the ARP Odyssey, Valve 4 Op and Crosswave ReFill libraries.
The ARP Odyssey Refill contains 101 NN-XT patches made from over 1,400 samples. Valve 4 Op is a collection of samples from a Yamaha TX81Z – 65 patches for NN-XT and 47 Combinator patches. The Crosswave Refill contains 133 NN-XT patches of an Ensoniq SQ80.
The ReFills are available to purchase for the introductory price of £11 GBP/13 EUR/$15 USD for the first week (regular £17 GBP/20 EUR/$23 USD). Prices including VAT in EU.
More information: Binary Music
Soundcells has released version 9 of Salad Bar, the ever-growing ReFill.
Salad Bar is a magnificent collection of patches coming from the ReFill range Soundcells has to offer plus a Salad-Bar-Exclusive folder full of gorgeous combinators (currently 140 with version 9).
This ReFill offers patches in styles that ranges from analog to digital, subtractive to additive, lofi to hifi, atmospheric to experimentally & from retro to modern – it´s all in there!
In future many patches stemming from the upcoming ReFill range and lots of unique Salad Bar patches will also be added this product: Every time when a new Soundcells ReFill will be released, Salad Bar will get its next update!
Salad Bar v9 features
- 140 Salad Bar exclusive combinator patches.
- 222 combinator patches coming from all Soundcells ReFills.
- 344 well balanced patches for Thor, Malström, Subtractor, NNXT and ReDrum.
- 60 rex loops.
- 8 tracks in Reason format included.
The Salad Bar ReFill costs 9.90 EUR (includes a coupon code worth 9.90 EUR for future purchases).
More information: Soundcells / Salad Bar
Propellerhead Software has announced a limited time Reason 7 Special Offer, offering two Korg synthesizer instruments with a purchase of the Reason 7 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Korg Polysix and Korg Mono/Poly are two of the most popular Rack Extension instruments, now you can get them for free with your Reason 7 purchase (full version or Student/Teacher).
Purchase Reason before February 28th 2014 and register online to get your free download of the Korg instruments—software versions of these iconic analog synths from the 80s, with the same sounds and same hands on interface as the originals.
Reason 7 is available to purchase for 369 EUR.
More information: Propellerhead
McDSP has launched the Compressor Collection, a bundle of dynamic range processors for Reason, including the C670, FRG-4RE, and Moo Tube compressors.
Reason users rejoice! Now you can harness the legendary power of McDSP audio software within Reason as a Rack Extension!
Choose from 3 uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted compressors (or just get the entire collection) to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for!
McDSP Compressor Collection features
- C670 Compressor – The C670 Rack Extension plug-in is a surprisingly flexible compressor in a three knob package. Modeled after vintage equipment valued at over $30,000, the C670 is as classic as they come, in a far more reliable software version complimented by new features not found in the original device.
- FRG-4RE Compressor – The FRG-4RE Rack Extension plug-in is a feed-forward reactive gain compressor (FRG), referred to by McDSP engineering staff as ‘the frog’. The FRG-4RE’s features include a modern compression topology, separately adjustable attack and release controls, and a wide compression ratio control spread, ranging from nearly 1:1 to 20:1.
- Moo Tube Compressor – The Moo Tube Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube based hardware compressors. When you want to fatten up your tracks, don’t have a cow. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Tube compressor.
The Compressor Collection is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The Rack Extensions are also sold separately for 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Compressor Collection
AudioRealism has released ReDominator, a polyphonic synthesizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
ReDominator is an emulation of the classic Alpha Juno 1/2 (JU-1/2), a polyphonic DCO (digitally controlled oscillator) based synth from 1986.
The JU-1/2 became popular in the early 90′s techno and rave scene particularly by the classic Hoover sound (which ReDominator attempts to emulate accurately). But beyond those niche sounds there lays a versatile synthesizer that does bass, pads, leads, organs and a lot of other sounds waiting to be discovered!
- Accurate emulation of the Alpha Juno 1/2 including the famous Hoover patch.
- 14 different low aliasing waveforms including a unique PWM-sawtooth.
- High quality full range 24dB/octave low-pass filter.
- Unique 8 parameter envelope generator which enable much more complicated and expressive sounds than a standard ADSR.
- External audio input to the filter.
- 200+ bundled patches (of which many are sysex converted from our own JU-2).
- External Patch converter (beta) to convert sysex patches from your own Alpha Juno and play them in ReDominator.
ReDominator is available to purchase for 45 EUR.
More information: AudioRealism / ReDominator
Rob Papen has announced the release of PunchBD-RE, a kick drum synthesizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
PunchBD-RE, a versatile & easy to use bass drum synthesizer for your Reason Rack.
With PunchBD-RE you get two modelled synthesizer drum modules, a click/noise module and a sample module to help you shape the main beat for your productions. From Dance and electronic and Hiphop to soundtrack. PunchBD-RE has it covered.
With further filters, envelopes, modulation routings and CV on the back you can take your bass drum sounds one step further to provide a solid sound to your productions. The bass drum is an essential part of building a track and this is where PunchBD-RE will deliver!
- 2x Synth Bass Drum modules.
- 1x Sampled Bass Drum module including various samples plus Rob Papen Library samples.
- 1x Noise/Click module.
- Play Mode for tuned percussion.
- 1x Filter Unit(various types).
- 1x Distortion unit(various types) with switches to route to the different modules.
- Envelope/ LFO /Modulation section.
- Back panel features:
- Gate CV/Note CV.
- Audio in for modulation/audio through into Distortion/Filter.
- Separate audio outs for each module.
- CV ins for modulation.
- CV Out / Gate for envelope / LFO.
PunchBD-RE is available to purchase for the introductory price of 39 EUR / $49 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 49 EUR / $59 USD).
More information: Rob Papen / PunchBD-RE